Request Slugfest Pinball

CheesyBeefy88

Nov 5, 2012
I would love to see the Slugfest baseball pitch and bat machine from Williams from 1991. I remember playing this machine at my local pizza place when I was a kid, and it was a blast. The game was simple yet challenging, and the music and sounds were excellent. The great thing about Slugfest was that you could win baseball cards. Instead of dispensing trading cards when you won, it would be really cool to give people a ball skin after reaching a certain score/goal. Also the "pitch/steal base buttons" can be mapped to the d-pad and trigger buttons (or on the screen buttons can be used for mobile devices). It seems like it would be easier to make this machine digitally, as opposed to the other complex pinball games, because of the simplicity of its' design (not many moving parts). Please make this a reality FarSight as I believe that it would make a great addition to the Pinball Arcade!

YSLUGPF.jpg

Last edited:

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
What's annoying about this is that it looks like it could be a fantastic EM throwback table if it had a more complex layout and a simpler ruleset.

As it stands it doesn't look fun or likely to hit TPA anytime soon :/

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Ah, I remember playing this at the Jersey Shore as a kid. Good memories. Don't think the game spit out the trading cards, in my experience.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Line drive was also an amazing table.

They have a good version of that on VP, if i recall correctly it was one of the first to use the B2S system and be able to have an animated backglass in multi-monitor.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Yeah the VP version of Line Drive with B2S is fantastic. I always spent a ridiculous amount of time/money on that game at Funspot in NH.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
The home run ramp makes it good and challenging, though both are pretty tough as all the easy angles are outs

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.