PS3 - Bug Display blinking bug?

Klades

Nov 11, 2012
I tried searching around but I couldn't find anything about this. When the display blinks in some circumstances, such as it displays "Quick Multiball" after getting it from the mirror, I can't actually see the text. It's fine on the Vita, but on the PS3 it just looks blank. Is this a bug with the table or do I have some hidden away video setting not configured properly?

Neil L

Aug 5, 2012
I'm getting the same problem on my PS3, the text just pops up on the DMD for a split second then disappears. (This never happened on the 360 though)

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
This bug exists on other platforms too, and similar things happen with all the two-line alphanumeric displays (Bride of Pin*Bot, Taxi, Elvira and the Party Monsters). It seems to happen particularly with blinking or moving displays. Sometimes just one line of the display goes blank.

I think it's timing-dependent, which makes it kind of sporadic. The latest patch for Android made it less common, but it still happens occasionally.

Neil L

Aug 5, 2012
I'm getting the same problem on my PS3, the text just pops up on the DMD for a split second then disappears. (This never happened on the 360 though)

It's still doing this on the latest 1.07 EU update for the PS3 and the DMD still covers the table. (Most of the other Table's DMDs are right up in the corner but not Funhouse's, Black Hole's or Bride of PinBot's)

Hopefully these issues will be fixed soon. (Along with the artwork issues like the missing zero on the clock and the blue sides!)

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
This seems to be an issue with the most rapid flicker speed. I think it flickers at 60 hz, so every frame it's off... DOes NOT happen on my xbox.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts