360 - Bug TILT doesn't clear on ended game

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I realize that the "pause->end game->start new game" cycle is purely video gamey and not an issue on the actual tables, but in the video gamey version of these tables there are goals and unlimited credits, so people are going to learn the button sequence that starts them with a fresh game if their first ball drains unsatisfactorily. And after you learn this sequence and start hammering on it quickly, a lot of problems arise in The Pinball Arcade.

One of them that is easy to reproduce happens on Black Hole and possibly the other tables as well. If you pause and end game while "TILT" is displayed on the screen without letting the ball fall all the way down past the deactivated flippers, your new game will begin in the tilt state. Not a huge deal. The easy workaround is to wait for the ball to drain before restarting if you tilt the machine (such as trying to complete the rollovers without a lane change feature). But just thought I'd document it here.

Adam

Apr 5, 2012
This always happens to me because Black Hole makes me angry and I shake the virtual crap out of the machine before I ragequit restart :p Total pain in the butt...I confirm this bug...which of course enrages me further after already furiously using the left stick.

invitro

May 4, 2012
And after you learn this sequence and start hammering on it quickly, a lot of problems arise in The Pinball Arcade.

I'm curious what other problems you've seen. I restart games all the time and haven't seen any. Just curious :).

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I'm curious what other problems you've seen. I restart games all the time and haven't seen any. Just curious :).

Usually stuff like the DMD getting "tricked" into some state other than the new game state. Ripley's sometimes ends up with the camera panning around the table instead of going down to the plunger. TotAN occasionally won't tell you which basket has the skill shot. It's mostly cosmetic stuff, and everything I've seen can be "fixed" by just starting yet another new game right after the broken new game. But it's definitely buggy. Ideally you would want a restart to dump you back into the same game state as your first start, and the game doesn't reliably do this.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.