South Park and Others

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
It's not the greatest pin in the world but it is funny especially with the swearing rom. And what about Apollo 13? 13 ball Multiball!...does Stern own ALL Sega games? And we need Jurassic Park by DE and Class of 1812 by Gottlieb!:) And by the way Krull and Iron Maiden! Rock on!!

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Stern hold the rights to all SEGA pinball games and FarSight have the rights to reproduce all Stern held tables. The problem with releasing these is securing (i.e. paying for) the ancillary licenses. Kickstarter has been an effective means of eliminating this obstacle twice now, but those were both absolutely beloved pinball tables. The same tactic may not work out for something like South Park.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It's not the greatest pin in the world but it is funny especially with the swearing rom. And what about Apollo 13? 13 ball Multiball!...does Stern own ALL Sega games? And we need Jurassic Park by DE and Class of 1812 by Gottlieb!:) And by the way Krull and Iron Maiden! Rock on!!
As we saw in Scared Stiff, the "inappropriate" material will not make it in to the finished game, which robs South Park of much of its raison d'etre. And pinball is often an occasion for me to swear at the machine; I don't need or want it swearing back!

I've played Apollo 13, the 13-ball multiball is only cool once or twice, after that it's just too crowded until the first 7 or 8 balls drain. I much prefer TZ's Lost in the Zone or ST:TNG's Final Frontier with their 6-ball multiballs - and note that both TZ and ST:TNG are widebodies, which gives those 6 balls more room to spread out, especially on ST:TNG's open playfield.

And I agree with Brandon, the Kickstarter route will work only for tables with near-universal appeal. TZ and ST:TNG qualified, TAF would also if they can get all the parties on board for the licensing. T2 is already heading into iffy territory - it's an OK table but not by any means in the same league as TZ or ST:TNG. South Park's gameplay is not very good (at least I've never encountered anyone who thought so) and so it'd be riding entirely on the strength of its theme. I doubt that'd be enough to see it through a kickstarter successfully.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
T2 has a lot going for it. A stronger license than TNG or TZ, and it's a Steve Richie table.

South Park is a very expensive license and no big name designers involved. I doubt it will happen.

And yes the Stern license includes all Data East, Sega, and Capcom tables.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Interesting to hear FS claim they have thier choice of the TOP tables when most are recreations of the TOP tables AGAIN! Then find out in an interview FS is being TOLD what titles will be best attractions to help the game be successful with FS's LIMITED liscense agreement...kickstart another williams liscense agreement ASAP!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
T2 is already heading into iffy territory - it's an OK table but not by any means in the same league as TZ or ST:TNG.
One major advantage with the T2 license is that there's a good chance they could also get T3 and Last Action Hero included, like they did with Elvira. That would make the license worthwhile.

Postal

Jun 17, 2012
Get Matt and Trey on the phone and cut a deal... we gotta get South Park on the iOS!!!! The game was a lot of fun, holding a special place in the heart for the character voices and one liners. Awesome game!!!

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Get Matt and Trey on the phone and cut a deal... we gotta get South Park on the iOS!!!! The game was a lot of fun, holding a special place in the heart for the character voices and one liners. Awesome game!!!

Yeah-Regardless of its reputation amongst Pinheads (or Lack of it) I like SP too :)

Nov 13, 2012
I played the crap out of South Park, mostly because it was in a bar in SF I used to go to for lunch and after work almost every day. While not the best pin in the world, it's not completely terrible, especially if it's the only pin you've got! I'd love to see it in TPA!

some.nerd

Dec 18, 2012
I played the crap out of South Park, mostly because it was in a bar in SF I used to go to for lunch and after work almost every day. While not the best pin in the world, it's not completely terrible, especially if it's the only pin you've got! I'd love to see it in TPA!

Same here! I used to play it quite a bit at a local establishment back in the early naughties. I enjoyed it for more than its novelty and would certainly enjoy it, even censored, in TPA. Trey and Matt are big gamers too, so I'd be willing to be they'd work in a reasonable nature with FS to help make it happen.

Members online

Members online