IGN Review

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I was about to post this myself! Just saw it. 8.5 is extremely respectable and this is definitely great press for the game. Should definitely help promote sales. Good thing too. If someone as a casual fan or fence sitter was to just happen upon the facebook page, they might have a negative opinion and not support it. Lots of people out there use IGN to help their purchasing decisions.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Nice review, the FarSight guys must be chuffed!!!

To be fair things can only get better!!, hopefully the next few updates will iron out all the bugs and gripe's people have with the game.

If they fix the lighting (so its like the PS3 version), include higher res textures, have an authentic DMD look, and sort out more camera angles ill be more than happy!

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Just goes to show you can't spell ignorant without IGN. "There are only three camera options, none of which are static; tracking the ball can be disorienting" Uhhhhhhhh, did you guys play the game for more than a few minutes?

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
one huge mistake in that review. it says there are no static camera options, but you can lock each camera.

i wouldn't buy a pinball game without static camera options. i think they should fix that error.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Not to white-knight IGN or anything, but in their defense, the controller layout screen in the menus for the XBLA version just describe X and B buttons as "camera control" without saying that B changes views and X toggles scrolling. I only guessed at this because I recognized the icons from the iOS version. If you were just playing TPA for the first time on 360 I'm not sure you would notice that right off.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I noticed the reviewers mistake about there being no static camera too, and I think Farsight does need to make the camera controls more clear. My guess is some of the complainers on FB made the same mistake as the reviewer. If a professional reviewer had trouble with the camera controls then I'm sure a bunch of other gamers had trouble as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts