Request Score Rollover Recognition

PinMike8666

Feb 20, 2012
Score Rollover Recognition (Xbox 360)

I understand ROM codes do have score rollovers; however, FarSight's score display for their leaderboards (local and online) don't recognize score rollovers, which I think it should.

Last edited:

RKade8583

Apr 5, 2012
What they should do is add a digit in the ones place per every rollover and then move it down from there. Of course I know nothing about anything programming so I have no idea how actually-factually feasible it is :)

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
The alphanumeric score display for Black Hole has only 6 digits, but my 2.5M score is still correctly represented on the leaderboards. I wonder why it captures rollover on that table and not Ripley's.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Each table stores scores differently. On TOM it uses 5 values of 0-100, which is why at 10 billion it flips over. Oddly, Tales I believe uses 6 values, so it flips over at 1 trillion, which would take quite awhile to hit on that table. Some tables might hold score values that are beyond what the display shows. Which is why black hole works.

We tried "adding" 10 billion each time it flipped over, but it gave some false positives, and we haven't been able to track down why it was doing that. We're still looking for solutions to the problem.

PinMike8666

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks for addressing my request! I'm confident you guys can solve this issue. Do you think it could be possible for your leaderboard system to read score rollovers?

Last edited:

PinMike8666

Feb 20, 2012
I looked at the leaderboards since someone pointed out to me that there are scores over 10 Billion points on the iOS leaderboards and sure enough there is. Great job on that front. I edited the title name of this thread.

thejake01

Mar 17, 2012
Awesome! I'm also very glad to hear you guys are looking into it. In regards to metagame, pinball is all about high score :)

Members online

Members online