TZ New Video Up on Twitter

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Hey All,

Real quickly, FS just posted a new TZ video on their twitter feed. I'd post the link but I'm on my iPad.

Cheers!

Edit: Here ya go

Last edited by a moderator:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Looks fun.
I'm not totally familiar with the original machine.
What's the deal with the gumball machine? Can you fill it with pinballs or something?

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Looks fun.
What's the deal with the gumball machine? Can you fill it with pinballs or something?

It releases the ceramic "powerball" (if I remember correctly, haven´t played it myself yet either).

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Was really hoping to see the powerball in the video
I'm hoping that a different camera angle would help to see the upper left flipper.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Looks fun.

The gumball machine is filled with pinballs and the powerball. The ceramic powerball plays differenly than the pinballs. Once the powerball is obtained from the gum ball machine, you need to put it back in the gumball machine or lose the bonus points you obtained. Don't worry, the game won't let you forget to " put it back" and that, "it's not yours".
There are mods to fill the machine with colored balls that look like real gumballs, but the table wasn't released that way.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Looks fun.
Shoot the left and right ramps to light "Load Gumball" on right orbit. Shoot the right orbit to score 10M+5M (limit 25M) and release the next ball from the gumball machine. Repeat until the Powerball is released.

When the Powerball is released, the table will demand that you "put it back". The Powerball is not magnetic and bounces and spins differently, and is generally a right proper pain to deal with, so put it back by shooting the right orbit.

Doing so starts Powerball Mania, a 3-ball multiball where you aim to send balls up the right ramp to the Powerfield. Defeating the Power during Powerball Mania awards a Mania Jackpot, worth 50M to your end-of-ball bonus. (So don't tilt!) You can do this repeatedly until you lose all but one ball, but again, you don't actually score any of the Powerball Mania points until your bonus collect.

N

Nik Barbour

Posted this before - but aren't the pop bumper colours wrong?
I thought only prototype machines should have the 3 colour bumpers (to match the skill shot zones).
Production machines should be...
amuse2y7.jpg

Edit - right at the bottom of the ipdb TZ entry there is a pdf you can download with this guy who asked the same question. He tracked an unmodified machine and the correct order for the 3 coloured types is as Farsight have it. Red=upper left yellow = upper right orange =lower.

Did production machines have 3 colours though? I could have sworn one I saw recently only had 2 colours.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
There's that strange colour pallet again....are they using the doom engine?:p

I think it is because they set the environmental lighting to 'warm', perhaps to change the mood. So far so good, the vid looks great.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Did production machines have 3 colours though? I could have sworn one I saw recently only had 2 colours.
There was a botch in the production run which resulted in some tables having the red and orange caps reversed (so that the "red" skill shot lit the orange bumper), but they should all have 3 colors as far as I know.

N

Nik Barbour

There was a botch in the production run which resulted in some tables having the red and orange caps reversed (so that the "red" skill shot lit the orange bumper), but they should all have 3 colors as far as I know.

Thanks Serenseven!

sellenoff

FarSight Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
Mine has all 3, so I'm pretty sure it was part of the production run as you suggested.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Was really hoping to see the powerball in the video
I'm hoping that a different camera angle would help to see the upper left flipper.

On a real machine it's pretty hard to see the upper left flipper, I usually re-flip it so I have a good idea of where it is when the ball is coming.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
On a real machine it's pretty hard to see the upper left flipper, I usually re-flip it so I have a good idea of where it is when the ball is coming.
Yep. You can also move slightly to the right when shooting the piano so you can see the flipper unimpeded. Just be aware of the plunger's location so you don't impale yourself.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
I have only played the actual table twice and that was some time ago so I will be learning how to play this table from scratch again. Looking forward to the challenge though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.