iOS6 iPad2 ball/camera stutter problems

night

May 18, 2012
I wonder if there are any signs Fairsight is looking into this issue. Will there be a fix soon? (I understand there is a Facebook forum, don't know if the issue has been discussed over there.) Since I updated my iPad2 to the latest iOS many of the TPA tables have this problem. Playing TPA with these stutter problems is really dramatic. Like you are watching a vid with a low frame-rate. :(

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I have an iPad 2 (iOS 6.0.1) with TPA and all tables run smoothly. It may be your iPad doing weird stuff after an iOS update. These post-update issues are common and sometimes all it takes is a reset (non-volatile & you won't lose anything) to clear out any odd issues. Hold down both the sleep/wake & home buttons. Continue to *hold both buttons down until you see the Apple logo*, ignoring the power-down slider (if it appears). When you see the Apple logo, release both buttons and the iPad will have been reset.

Also see that all apps running in the background (multitask bar) have been terminated as well: double-tap home, press and hold one of the running app's icons that will appear in the multitask bar until they start to wiggle, then shut them down by pressing the red x in the left-hand corner of the wiggling apps.

Note that the reset above will close all running apps so if you've done that, you've already shut down the apps in the multitask bar.

night

May 18, 2012
I have an iPad 2 (iOS 6.0.1) with TPA and all tables run smoothly. It may be your iPad doing weird stuff after an iOS update. These post-update issues are common and sometimes all it takes is a reset (non-volatile & you won't lose anything) to clear out any odd issues. Hold down both the sleep/wake & home buttons. Continue to *hold both buttons down until you see the Apple logo*, ignoring the power-down slider (if it appears). When you see the Apple logo, release both buttons and the iPad will have been reset.

Also see that all apps running in the background (multitask bar) have been terminated as well: double-tap home, press and hold one of the running app's icons that will appear in the multitask bar until they start to wiggle, then shut them down by pressing the red x in the left-hand corner of the wiggling apps.

Note that the reset above will close all running apps so if you've done that, you've already shut down the apps in the multitask bar.

Thank you for your reply. I have followed your reset procedure but it won't change a thing.. still stutter problems, like I am playing on a slow processor. What else could I try?

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Since your problems started after the update...new settings (I cannot tell you which) have been added throughout the iPad so make sure that your iPad settings are not set to be doing something in the background (checking email, push notifications and other such things).

Another thing you can try is to fully delete your TPA app and reinstall from scratch. This may help, even though it may be inconvenient.

As I mentioned, I have the same exact hardware/iOS version as you and TPA runs great.

night

May 18, 2012
Since your problems started after the update...new settings (I cannot tell you which) have been added throughout the iPad so make sure that your iPad settings are not set to be doing something in the background (checking email, push notifications and other such things).

Another thing you can try is to fully delete your TPA app and reinstall from scratch. This may help, even though it may be inconvenient.

As I mentioned, I have the same exact hardware/iOS version as you and TPA runs great.

I reinstalled TPA, no luck. Let me be very specific, these are the tables that has the so-called stutter problem:

Black Hole
Theatre of Magic
Funhouse (very slightly)
Monster Bash (very bad stuttering)
Black Knight (very slightly)
Harley Davidson
Tales of the Arabian Night

When the balls moves around on the table I see struttering, the movement is not smooth, the table plays slower, not snappy. Black Hole is not good (I love BH), Monster Bash is very bad.
All other tables play FLAWLESS and smooth! No stutter problems. So the problem is not with all tables.

I also hope Fairsight will jump in with an answer as well, I understood I am not the only one with this problem..

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I have the ipad mini which is basically an ipad 2 inside. I've experienced many of the same issues with stuttering/poor framerate that you have. Black Hole was one of them. I have ios 6 as well because the mini came with it already installed. Clearing the multi tasking bar or turning off Game Center does nothing to fix this.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
I reinstalled TPA, no luck. Let me be very specific, these are the tables that has the so-called stutter problem:

Black Hole
Theatre of Magic
Funhouse (very slightly)
Monster Bash (very bad stuttering)
Black Knight (very slightly)
Harley Davidson
Tales of the Arabian Night

When the balls moves around on the table I see struttering, the movement is not smooth, the table plays slower, not snappy. Black Hole is not good (I love BH), Monster Bash is very bad.
All other tables play FLAWLESS and smooth! No stutter problems. So the problem is not with all tables.

I also hope Fairsight will jump in with an answer as well, I understood I am not the only one with this problem..

Same issues here since iOS6 on my iPad 2.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I'll have to try all the games that have been mentioned that have the frame rate/stuttering issues on the iPad 2. I've only been playing Cirqus Voltaire and Fun House recently and only very periodically on the iPad 2 since I have the iPad 3 as well and use that 98% of the time. Bad thing is that Apple does not allow backdating devices in the case of funky firmware...maybe they should consider it now with the numerous issues people are having with iOS 6 (of course beginning with Maps). Hopefully iOS 6.1 will resolve some of the performance issues with optimization but I really don't know. The iPad 3 & 4 have the same amount of 1 GB system RAM with the iPad 2 & iPad mini having only half of that. With the extra iOS 6 features eating more of that system RAM, it can't be good. :(

Greezychicken

Dec 1, 2012
I get stuttering on the ipad mini as well. Funhouse, scared stiff, Ripleys Believe it or Not, and Medieval Madness are ok. Everything else stutters or lags.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.