How do I restore my purchase of a Pro Menu between iPad and iPhone?

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
I purchased TOTAN's Pro Menu on the iPad version of the game. I assume I should be able to restore/sync that purchase to my other iOS devices (iPhone5 and iPod Touch), but how? I've forced the app to stop running on my iPhone, logged out, all the usual stuff... But I never get a chance to restore my purchases like I used to. This is probably a simple solution that I'm missing.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
If it works the same as all other iOS DLC just purchase it again and before payment is taken it will say you've already bought it so this download is free. That's how it SHOULD work!.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Should is the key word.
Try it and let us know how it works so I can do it. I bought a new iPad mini and the pro menu that I purchased on my iPad works on the new iPad mini without repurchasing it. Unfortunately my iPhone that already had the game loaded previously doesn't ask if I want to restore purchases. Even if the game is deleted and restored.
It should work like other purchases but I just have a funny feeling that it won't work and it will charge you again.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
I wouldn't even ask if I thought it would work that easily. I appreciate the suggestion, but I've already lost $12 or more trying to restore purchases between iOS devices that way. I was hoping someone (maybe even a FarSight employee?) had a more sure-fire solution.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Well that sux if FS have somehow ( probably by accident ) managed to lock something to a single device.

immortalmindz

Jul 29, 2012
I lost black hole after an update, after trying to restore the purchase I ended up buying it again. The only way I have found that is successful is to sync the devices with iTunes. However after the last time I did this, i lost Totan from my phone and have no desire to purchase it again.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Be careful - if you bought it in Pinball Arcade and then use Pinball Arcade Free, things like that happen because the purchases are NOT synced between the two through Apple. You might have to tie your thing to a Farsight account as Farsight has said they do link 'em manually, but the automatic upgrade via the Apple authorization will NOT work.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Be careful - if you bought it in Pinball Arcade and then use Pinball Arcade Free, things like that happen because the purchases are NOT synced between the two through Apple. You might have to tie your thing to a Farsight account as Farsight has said they do link 'em manually, but the automatic upgrade via the Apple authorization will NOT work.

All of my purchases are consolidated on the paid version, so that's not the issue. The TotAN Pro Menu is the only thing missing even after the devices have been synced in proper order through iTunes.

jwil026

Nov 19, 2012
I have the same problem, bought on iPhone, but did not propagate to iPad2, tried everything like others, never get the option to restore purchases again. Even tried a total restore of iPad, but tables still download without asking to restore purchases. Seems like there is something device specific stored for authorization. My friend had same problem, but when he bought an iPad mini, it asked him to restore previous purchases and he got his PRO menu back too. This is really getting aggravating as I have spent over 4 hours working with Farsights support people and trying other things myself. I really supported this company since the beginning, I own all the tables ever released and even supported several Kickstarter projects too. It just seems like they have so many problems with IOS releases/updates. I'm at the point of do I spend another 3.99 to just restore it already, or wait till Farsight hopefully figures it out. Unfortunately I will probably buy future tables as I am a pinball lover and these are to me the best simulations of pinball to date, just wish they can get a grip on these bugs on distributing updates, I never have any issues with other in app purchases in IOS, so I am not sure where the problem lies. Is it an Apple issue, or is it incompetence with Farsights understanding of IOS?

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
To be clear, I'm not heckling FarSight on this one. After all, I would never have this kind of issue with a different app on iOS since I've never cared about another one enough to download on multiple devices. Actually, I'm the dufus playing TPA on 5 different platforms (soon to be 6 if we manage to get Steam going). Yes, I want my restored purchases to work correctly, but I doubt this is "incompetence". FarSight has been amazingly proficient in supporting so many versions optimized for respective hardware, but the last time I had a problem like this, the forum provided an immediate solution.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Aside from the ' restore purchases ' popup do you have the option to buy the pro menu again? I know you don't want to pay for it again but is that option there?

jwil026

Nov 19, 2012
Aside from the ' restore purchases ' popup do you have the option to buy the pro menu again? I know you don't want to pay for it again but is that option there?

Yes, It will let me purchase it again. However, I have not gone far enough to try it to see if it comes back with "you already purchased this item, do you want to download it?".

I really believe this issue is because Apple has changed the way purchases in the app store are authorized since IOS 6.0 update. Do you notice when you update an app, it does not ask for your apple id/password anymore. I think Apple is using a device identifier as part of the authorization process. I'm thinking that the prompt for "do you want to restore previous purchases to this device" will not come up on a device that PB Arcade has been installed on before because apple automatically authorizes the DLC that has already been purchased before just like the updates. But for some reason this does not work the same for the DLC for the PRO menu update.

I am being patient working with FarSight in hope that they can fix this. If I come across a little harsh about Farsight, it is just because I love these tables and want them to work right, maybe it is just the perfectionist in me. I really do want Farsight to be successful so we have many more of these treasures preserved digitally.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
If you just go the repurchase route and it actually charges you don't you think apple will refund if you complain to them?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I gave up on the iOS version. :(

I was planning on buying all the DLC tables for it and eventually buying an iPad, but I can't even get the game started on my iPod touch (4th GEN) any longer.
It always kicks me out to the menu when tying to start any of the tables.

I don't know if its Apple's fault with iOS 6.0 or Farsight's, but I just stick to the PS3 version now.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
I was ready to take one for the team, but it looks like the gamble paid off:

iphone5tpa.png

Seems that Kevlar was right all along. At least now everyone else should be able to purchase with confidence.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Hrm, odd. I went to my iPhone and saw that TOTAN had a "Go Pro" stamp on it. I went to play SS (which I didn't have) so it asked if I wanted to restore my tables. Said yes, entered my ID, and the badge disappeared automagically...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.