"When good flippers go bad"

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Anyone else get extremely annoyed when during a good game the ball decides to travel through a flipper?

Taxi and Medieval Madness seem to be the worst flipper offenders!
Maybe it's because the ball gets moving so fast or something.

I really hope they can improve this because its one of the few things that is really no fault of the player and can destroy a good game when it happens. :(

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah that would have to do with the physics sampling rate being lower than the graphics framerate or something--in one of the Farsight employee posts somewhere on here they said they were hoping to optimize the code so that they could get that up to speed, I think. Here's hoping!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Yeah, definitely seems worse during multiball.

And I do remember seeing Mike (I think) from Farsight saying they were working on improving this, but it seemed like many months ago and it's still showing up on new tables. So that kind of makes me think they won't be able to do anyhing to fix it once and for all. :(

In addition to this, has anyone else noticed the flippers feeling a little strange in the last few tables?
Especially the Elvira and Taxi tables. It almost feels like a lag or like the flipper has no "grip" to it.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Taxi and Medieval Madness seem to be the worst flipper offenders!
Maybe it's because the ball gets moving so fast or something.
I actually find it much worse on all tables with an extra flipper. Only two times out of five they seem to detect the ball. Which makes some missions/table goals a sheer luck fest to complete because you can't get the ball up the side ramp.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
HD especially with all those multiballs hit a ball with a ball and the ball that was flipped goes right back through the flipper I noticed this on CV when it came out.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
I had this happen on a real table.. I hit the ball and bounced up, ricocheted off the glass and jump over the flipper...

feels bad man

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
HD especially with all those multiballs hit a ball with a ball and the ball that was flipped goes right back through the flipper I noticed this on CV when it came out.

Do you play in standard definition to improve the flipper action?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.