TPA not compatible with my device :(

allshookup

Nov 18, 2012
I have a Window N90 Dual Core tablet and was able to install Pinball Arcade on it a couple months ago no problem when I had Ice Cream Sandwhich. Then I recently upgraded the firmware and went to Jelly Bean. Now when I try to reinstall The Pinball Arcade it doesn't show up in a search via the Play Store app. If I try to install from play.google.com, it tells me "This item is not compatible with your device." What can I do?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Odd, which was the last version that worked? Only thing I have changed (which should have made it better not worse) is the size of the APK which is smaller now to support older devices with a small app install cache

I have a Window N90 Dual Core tablet and was able to install Pinball Arcade on it a couple months ago no problem when I had Ice Cream Sandwhich. Then I recently upgraded the firmware and went to Jelly Bean. Now when I try to reinstall The Pinball Arcade it doesn't show up in a search via the Play Store app. If I try to install from play.google.com, it tells me "This item is not compatible with your device." What can I do?

N

Nik Barbour

Odd, which was the last version that worked? Only thing I have changed (which should have made it better not worse) is the size of the APK which is smaller now to support older devices with a small app install cache

Isn't it more likely to be linked to his change to Jellybean?

HongKongPete

Sep 14, 2012
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Jellybean and TPA runs absolutely perfectly. There is never any slowdown, or freezing and it is flawless gameplay.

allshookup

Nov 18, 2012

When I upgraded the firmware the Model number text changed from "N90 DUAL CORE" to "N90 DUAL CORE CZ". Would a simple name change like that make the device not compatible anymore?

N

Nik Barbour

When I upgraded the firmware the Model number text changed from "N90 DUAL CORE" to "N90 DUAL CORE CZ". Would a simple name change like that make the device not compatible anymore?

The name change is most likely behind this. Are other apps in the play store affected?

The name of the device is held in a file named build.prop this file can be edited if you are rooted, but be careful and always make a copy before changing.

I used to have to edit the build.prop file to fake having a different device, to get around market filtering (in my case because the app was over 30mb - Ryan doesn't package a table now to get around this problem).

You need to get this sorted, either by editing the build.prop or if not rooted, by contacting your device manufacturer & service provider and making them aware, otherwise you will miss out on updates (if this is actually what's behind this problem).
Hope you get it sorted!

Members online

Members online