Jersey Jack's Next Game Will Be....

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The Hobbit! Just heard this from Eric J. Rodriguez who was at SPF and he heard JJP make the announcement.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Well that's a better theme than woz, I mean that table looks amazing and really well built but that theme......yuk!. I can't imagine listening to that for hours on end.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I had heard that rumor on Pinside. That theme has a lot of potential. I wouldn't want a WOZ, but it does look beautiful. Very interested to see what they do with Hobbit.

karl

May 10, 2012
Sounds like good news to me. JJP seem to be a great addition to the trade. If I had the money I would buy Their Alice game. I think Stern is repeating their games to much (no more marvel games please) I know money is tight but recycling their games to death with nothing new to offer but simple action figure toys is not creative enough. I bow my head to Stern for still making games and nothing wrong with the designers, but their restrictions make the games very predictable. In the 90' there was always something exiting on the new games even if the budget was not huge. I believe JJP could do great things with the Tolkien License. Lets hope Farsight can make a deal with JJP. Do anyone know if they have been in contact with JJP at all?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
The series has grown from two films to three films, so we won't be seeing this table until at least the first two have been released, and the last is in a finished enough state to garner assets from.
This could be awesome. LOTR is one of my favorite tables of all time, and with a bigger budget and superior technology (particularly the full color display) it could best the earlier table.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Based on the movies or just the Tolkien property?

Yeah, I'm rooting for JJP. Hopefully some competition can kick Stern into higher gear.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Update Tolkien Estate suing Warner Brothers, licensing agreement was not for non physical manifestations of the license. Warner Bros allowed license for online Hobbit Slot Machine , which Tolkien Estate believes diminishes JRR Tolkien's image. This can put the brakes on all merchandising current and plannned for the film.

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
The series has grown from two films to three films, so we won't be seeing this table until at least the first two have been released, and the last is in a finished enough state to garner assets from.
This could be awesome. LOTR is one of my favorite tables of all time, and with a bigger budget and superior technology (particularly the full color display) it could best the earlier table.

if the hobbit is going to be jjp´s next game i doubt that they will wait untill the third movie is out. why wouldnt they be able to release the game before the last movie?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
if the hobbit is going to be jjp´s next game i doubt that they will wait untill the third movie is out. why wouldnt they be able to release the game before the last movie?
Simple - the more movies have been released, the more content is available for use in their table. This trilogy is also one tale broken up into three parts due to length. Doing a table based on only one or two of the films would feel incomplete and unsatisfying. LOTR would have sucked if it didn't end with the Ring's destruction, opting to go out with "the adventure continues . . . with The Return of the King. Doubtful it would be in the Pinside Top 10 if that happened. Same with this one

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm sure they already know how it will end. I assume they also locked up the actors for all three films, so they could easily put out a table before all three movies are out. Wouldn't shock me if all three scripts are already done.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Update Tolkien Estate suing Warner Brothers, licensing agreement was not for non physical manifestations of the license. Warner Bros allowed license for online Hobbit Slot Machine , which Tolkien Estate believes diminishes JRR Tolkien's image. This can put the brakes on all merchandising current and plannned for the film.

Seems to me the Tolkien estate was letting things slide (ie. video games and web content) up until the slot machines. They stated that goes strongly against certain moral issues that clash with the property, which is why they are suddenly seeking $80 million in royalties. I doubt this will cause issue to a pinball table, as I have no doubt Warner will just give the estate a slightly larger slice of the pie so they can keep raking in the bucks.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
oops wrong thread:) how is that going to work? 3 movies 1 table so you wait for last film so you dont reveal unseen content? thats a long ways away.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
What?! No love for The Wizard of Oz? I'd love to have that table.

I'm not a WOZ fanatic, but it's a classic and I'd take that
over most other movie themed tables in a heart beat.

It would have been if they had obtained the license for Pink Floyd's DSOTM music to go along with it though. ;)

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I'm excited for the work JJP has done; WOZ looks solidly built and the Hobbit seems like a good next theme. It's family friendly and the association with LoTR already has appeal to pinheads. If WOZ is any indication, the game won't be released for a couple years. I remember hearing the JJP announcement on the spooky pinball podcast about this time two years ago, and games haven't begun to ship yet. Competition will kick Stern into high gear or they own't be able to survive. While Stern has put out some very high quality products (TSPP, LOTR) they've also cut costs in some areas and some of their most recent games (I'm looking at you, Rolling Stones) were lacking. Here's to a new golden age of pinball! Hopefully.

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
While Stern has put out some very high quality products (TSPP, LOTR) they've also cut costs in some areas and some of their most recent games (I'm looking at you, Rolling Stones) were lacking.
Yeah rolling stones suck, but the two most recent stern games acdc and x men is actually very good in my opinion, so they are on the right track (mostly)

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Yeah rolling stones suck, but the two most recent stern games acdc and x men is actually very good in my opinion, so they are on the right track (mostly)

I agree. Both X-Men and AC/DC are strong and have greatly benefited from new code. Tron was also very enjoyable imo.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I pre-orderd my Hobbit today and it did say that they expect to ship mid-late 2014 to coincide with the release of the 3rd movie.

That is fine by me. It will be a long, long wait, but judging from the insane quality that WoZ has it will be worth it.
I can't wait to see a Hobbit themed table with amazing lighting and design like this.

147.jpg

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Every time i see that woz table i want to cry, its looks so beautifull.

But.... I hate the theme, dont like the shot lay out, and i rather have no mini play fields or a surprisingly fun one. ( never happened in the histroy of pinball)

But i can imagine this kinda quality and then a layout i do like, with a theme more my taste. And that can be the hobbit, if i would have money for it, and i like what they show, i would go for it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.