I hate that bumper in CFTBL so much!!!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Has anyone else noticed that hitting this straight on almost always results in a tanked ball?
Right down the center!

I've played the real machine and it almost never reacts like this.

I'm hoping Farsight can tweak this as they did with Monster Bash (I really enjoy that table now!)

Here's a pic of the POST (to the left of FILM)
#EDIT....Photoshop skills applied to picture**
CFTBL-Bad_Post.jpg

Last edited:

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
If you're talking about the post on the left side of the snack bar hole, yes, SDTM +90% of the time. It's been too long since I played this table in RL so I can't 2nd that part of your post but I believe you. It seems the snack bar is an important shot (EB, Special, Multiball Restart) so it should be hard but not as hard as that post makes it. I've stopped trying for the snack bar all together because of the drain risk of hitting the post next to it. My feeling is if the RL table is that way, then fine, I'll learn to make it clean eventually, but if the RL table is not, then let's lobby for a tweak here too.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I agree. It's a round bumper so the ball bounces and scuffs off it at all kinds of angles, rarely SDTM. It's that fine resolution randomness that TPA is missing at the moment, and what just stops it short of feeling like real pinball.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I've been suspicious of FarSight's physics for a while now. Certain bumpers and dividers across all tables seem to have a pre-scripted reaction. When it comes to pinball, pre-scripted is a bad word.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The post rubbers shouldnt be as bouncy as the other rubber its more plastic like, it should dead'n the shot not rebound it 100% original speed.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks for the replies. It sounds like we agree that this shouldn't be the "rebound of death" here! ;)

Should this be submitted as a bug?
Maybe Farsight doesn't even know its a problem.

I have no trouble scoring high on this table, but as Pop said it makes the Snack Bar a more risky shot than it should be.

I also get this almost everytime I try to complete the Super Jackpot goal Wizard goal which is infuriating when it happens!

This used to happen with Monster Bash quite a lot too, but that seems to have been fixed in the last update.

This and Black Knight need some tweaking though.... Don't get my started on BK! ;)
I finished all of the Wizard Goals on it last night, but it wasn't a good time.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Spoonman you mean the blue right side of the bride ramp opening?...is that even rubber? The ball returned so fast the flipper wasn't even down yet. Now taxi's yellow post rubbers are like springs, mainly left side right ramp! Grrrr. there not suppose to be SUPER BALL rubber.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Spoonman you mean the blue right side of the bride ramp opening?...is that even rubber? The ball returned so fast the flipper wasn't even down yet. Now taxi's yellow post rubbers are like springs, mainly left side right ramp! Grrrr. there not suppose to be SUPER BALL rubber.

Hehe.. Here.. I put my Photoshop skills to the test. :p
CFTBL-Bad_Post.jpg

So frustrating!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I know wich one on CFTBL I was speaking of the one that was fixed on MB was that even rubber?

Oh hehe.. yeah that makes more sense.. I was wondering where this "bride ramp" is in CFTBL. :p

I wanted to clarify the post in the picture anyway.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I think I have more problems with the LEFT one, most shots are with the right flipper so that sudden left reflect gets me almost every time. I only shoot at SNACK BAR with right flipper, enless I'm feeling brave.:)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Also, it didn't do that when it first came out. Snack Bar used to be a relatively tough shot, but not deadly.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Jon Gruden "CHUCKY" ex football coach he's the new MADDEN get crazy on the telepromter circling, drawing lines :) frank caliendo does a great impression of him and madden.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I find that a lot of the posts in the game perform the similar way, especially the top posts on the slingshots. On some tables, just touching those are an instant drain even when you hit on the very top.

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
Sorry to hijack your thread, but I've found a similar yet different issue on a different table, but it relates to the "super rubber" effect... anybody else notice that the B-L-A-C-K H-O-L-E targets on BH seem to be made of super bouncy material? To test this, barely launch a ball up into those drops, and watch the effect...

Slow moving ball... *tink (target drops)* *Ball goes CAROMATLIGHTSPEED!!!!!!*

I don't have super photoshop skillz, but you get the jist of it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.