Live catching

WildWingMafia

Nov 8, 2012
Okay- you might think I'm on crack here, but lemme share what happened on TOM PS3 version today. I had what approximated to a 'live catch' 3 separate times in the same game. Now, I'm not a pinball wizard, and I wasn't trying to do it, but 3 times, the ball completely deadened and 'stuck' to the flipper in various stages of flipper engagement. Each time, it was the live flipper.

I was using the R1/L1 control setup.

So is this part of the latest update? a bug that resulted in a happy accident? Cause if Farsight finally delivered another component of 'real' pinball, then that's a HUGE step

If anyone can repeat it, I'd like to know. I'll try it again later.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I haven't noticed a big change in the flippers in the latest update. I managed a decent drop-catch or two the other day, but those were possible before. I would very much like live catches and cradle separations and such like to be possible in The Pinball Arcade, but I tend to think that any that happen currently are more akin to glitches than something the physics really supports. But it is equally likely that I'm just not doing it right.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Live catches ARE possible, just incredibly hard on digital. I have done it on Xbox and that version hasn't been updated in ages.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.