Want free access to Beta like Android!

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
Android always get the betas, it would probably cost fs some money to setup some type of beta system for playstation.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The PS3 and 360 don't have TZ betas; we were not given the option to test on those platforms. FarSight would have to go through the submission process (and pay the relevant fees) for a beta just as if it were a release build, so it makes no sense financially or chronologically to do betas on the consoles.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Things should start WITH the consoles that actuallly HAVE the POWER to do so much more than the rest of those pissant platforms....if you can call them that. FS has its priorities screwed up. We would get better tables if things started with the PS3/XBOX then those other lame devices. I am seriously thinking of quitting the TPA and spending my money elsewhere, of course TPA wouldn't care, We get shoddy ports of of crappy weak platforms and that SUCKS. I am tired of it. Now we have to wait another month for 1 table? The weaklings have pack #7 and so should WE! Over and out. The real solution is to have a good PC with a good graphics card and play VP/Vpinmame. A LOT of their tables serously beat the crap put of TPAs and they are free...play right, look right, no bugs because the author will fix them. If I had the monery I'd be outta here.

N

Nik Barbour

Things should start WITH the consoles that actuallly HAVE the POWER to do so much more than the rest of those pissant platforms....if you can call them that. FS has its priorities screwed up. We would get better tables if things started with the PS3/XBOX then those other lame devices. I am seriously thinking of quitting the TPA and spending my money elsewhere, of course TPA wouldn't care, We get shoddy ports of of crappy weak platforms and that SUCKS. I am tired of it. Now we have to wait another month for 1 table? The weaklings have pack #7 and so should WE! Over and out. The real solution is to have a good PC with a good graphics card and play VP/Vpinmame. A LOT of their tables serously beat the crap put of TPAs and they are free...play right, look right, no bugs because the author will fix them. If I had the monery I'd be outta here.

Seriously?

Farsight do start with the consoles - all tables are programmed for xbox, then ported to all other devices!

If you think waiting 1 extra month is bad - try being an xbox player (or even worse, pc).

VP is enjoyable but being honest - some tables are excellent, some are average, but a lot are atrocious (however - I couldn't produce better, so try not to comment).

The bottom line is you either wait or walk with TPA. I'm waiting.
It has its faults, and i've lost my patience occasionally, but I'm still here, so it must be good enough to keep my interest.

As for beta access, as Carl stated, get an Android device, a 2yr old 1ghz single core phone will run it, (that's what I'm using) and its open to all - but if beta testing, don't whine about game breaking bugs, that is why we are testing! :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
As stated many times in these forums, the actual development is done on the 360. The other platforms' versions are then ported from the 360 version. The reason Android and iOS get the tables first is that the approval process is very short on these platforms. At the other end of the spectrum are the consoles with their multiple-month-long submission processes and exorbitant update fees.

As a PS3 player, you have six of the seven table packs available to you. The 360 players have three; the PC contingent doesn't even have the core game yet. If there's any kvetching to be done around here about release dates, you're not the one to do it.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
They have free access to TZ beta without being a KS why not PS3?

I'm not trying to be rude, but you are misinformed.

The android users that opt to participate in the beta tests purchase the tables, each and every time, no exceptions and nothing is free before, during or after the beta period. They devote their personal time to troubleshooting, testing, and documenting bugs and game play improvements. Many of which end up improving the other versions as well.

Most of us also own x-box 360s, PS3s, with TPA on at least one of those platforms as well and are patiently waiting for a PC release.

In short, the only thing free in this deal is that the beta testers are giving as much of their free time as they can spare.

Again, not trying to be rude . . . but its not at all like you think it is.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm not trying to be rude, but you are misinformed.

The android users that opt to participate in the beta tests purchase the tables, each and every time, no exceptions and nothing is free before, during or after the beta period. They devote their personal time to troubleshooting, testing, and documenting bugs and game play improvements. Many of which end up improving the other versions as well.

Most of us also own x-box 360s, PS3s, with TPA on at least one of those platforms as well and are patiently waiting for a PC release.

In short, the only thing free in this deal is that the beta testers are giving as much of their free time as they can spare.

Again, not trying to be rude . . . but its not at all like you think it is.

I think the rest of us know this and appreciate what you testers do. Kemet seems to be a bit uninformed on a few issues and might have an entitlement issue as well.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Sometimes I take great joy in delivering a ban. We don't need useless, uninformed rants here, nor some of the other negative crap he's spewed in the forums.

marv75

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Sorry Gord I speak my mind sometimes too much and now you banned my other account forever. That's not a way to treat a psying customer. Excuse me if you don't like what I say....I am sorry I won't post unless it's something positive. OK?

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
This is a fan forum founded by Gord. So he didn't treat a customer in any way but stopped you from posting more "negative crap" annoying him and many other fans of TPA. Many of your posts showed that you aren't really well informed, which means you hadn't taken the time to browse other peoples threads here, and were mere rants without any substance. I don't know if Gord warned you via PM before banning you. But if he did, he was most certainly entitled to and right about doing it.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
While this was definitely a righteous and well-deserved ban, I'm scared I'm becoming the forum's Grim Reaper...I think this is the fourth time some particular user has caught my ire and wound up banned the next day.

And I'd also like to thank Pop Sergeant and the rest of the iOS/Android beta testing contingent for their hard work in making TPA a better game.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I would like to point out some technical aspects of the Android vs "console" versions as well.

The beta versions released for android are not "official" versions. You need to "unlock" your device to install them. This is not possible on "consoles." They are very much "closed" devices. Unless you have a "modded" console, consoles will not even run non-official versions of games. This makes it technically difficult, if not impossible, to properly run and test "non-official" console games. This is not something that Farsight dictates, but rather the console manufactures enforce. Farsight might even lose publishing rights by releasing "rougue" software for any given console platform.

I'm a retired insider to the gaming industry, even pinball machines (hardware real machines) had "lines that should not be crossed" in regards to various levels of distribution. If you did, you were very much putting your "ass" on the line.

BTW thanks yet again to FS ! I am thoroughly enjoying each and every table. Flashback city fellows! and just when I thought no-one cared anymore.

(signed) A former Bally/Williams employee....

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Android devices don't need unlocking per se, you just go into settings and tick a box that allows installation of apps from unknown sources.

You can do this on any Android device.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Wrong 'terminology" but exactly my point Carl.
Please forgive a senior citizen with less than perfect knowledge of the android market. In fact, I ONLY bought my TF700T to play "TPA". Color me a android newbie if you need to.
l
No major "foul" in those regards...

Consoles and/or their associated accounts get ""binned" for modded content and ROMs.

Last edited:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Gord Lacey, were you to referring to me?

I sure hope that my message was not misconstrued as to seem non-supportive of Farsight or this community. In fact I was trying to be quite supportive.

Last edited:

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Don't worry! There is/was someone called TheDoctor here. Glad we avoided that temporal anomaly... ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.