Android - Bug The app still force closes if I touch my screen when loading the app (initially)

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Can this be fixed?

for months now, if I load the app, without it already running in the background, there is first a black screen that appears.

If I touch the screen when its "black" the app will close when it tries to load the title menu. It flickers then goes back to the my default home screen on my device.

When I press the app icon on initial startup, there should be an immediate presence that the app is loading and display the "pinballarcade logo"

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Can this be fixed?

for months now, if I load the app, without it already running in the background, there is first a black screen that appears.

If I touch the screen when its "black" the app will close when it tries to load the title menu. It flickers then goes back to the my default home screen on my device.

When I press the app icon on initial startup, there should be an immediate presence that the app is loading and display the "pinballarcade logo"

I can confirm this behavior happens for me as well Michael.

This can only be replicated by me when I have restarted the tablet and have not launched TPA that day (I restart every night)

Steps I used:

1. Tap the TPA Icon to start the game.
  2. Start tapping on the screen as it goes black.
  3. App force closes (doesn't get to the TPA logo).
  4. Relaunch, and the problem goes away.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
I can confirm this behavior happens for me as well Michael.

This can only be replicated by me when I have restarted the tablet and have not launched TPA that day (I restart every night)

Steps I used:

1. Tap the TPA Icon to start the game.
  2. Start tapping on the screen as it goes black.
  3. App force closes (doesn't get to the TPA logo).
  4. Relaunch, and the problem goes away.

Thanks I think that is the first issue outside of the table bugs that needs to be fixed, there are many other stability issues that are still occurring globally during play and resuming after device screen was turned off.

Farsight says they cant control user interference with device.

But issues exist when returning to game

1. Transparent ball happens, no matter what skin
2. hud off is now on.
3. Landscape and portrait is no longer "locked"
4. Pro mode has issues with "no credit"/ if you press the enter button before the table is ready to begin a game it just pans around the table until you press back and wait again.
Basically you need credits to start a game. But you also need to wait for the dmd to show normally before you can press enter. The app wont know the difference.

Games like angry birds and most other apps have

1. Immediate logo after app icon pressed
2. Close app button after pressing back or home button.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
transparent ball will be fixed with the next build. the other ones will probably take longer to hunt down. Unfortunately fixing Android specific bugs is hard because my schedule is filled with other things including cross platform functionality, but rest assured I am still looking at these when there is time.

Oenta

Jul 10, 2012
Be sure to run the latest firmware on your phone.. I had lockdowns and sound issue's before, because of old firmware

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.