Terminator 2 kickstarter to start in 2Q of 2013

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Since the cat is out of the bag (thanks Pin Wiz), I thought I would start a thread for T2. What do you think of T2 as the next kickstarter? Is this a pin you will back? Have you played the real table? What do you think of the layout and artwork?

Here is a link to a T2 vid from YouTube to get you thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki4l0DYgw9k

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
My question is would this give them the rights for T3 also? I know it's nowhere near as good as the original but it still has its charms.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The 2 times I played it, I rather like T3. Then again, it pretty much is the exact same layout as T2!

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I know a lot of pinheads that love T2 but I'm not a big fan, myself. The super jackpot scoring is unbalanced imo and if it's easy and consistent to hit on TPA, the table will be a one trick pony.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
I have not played this table before. I would help with the kickstarter to help it along just for the sake of having another table. Hopefully the license is not as expensive to obtain as TZ and STNG

sellenoff

FarSight Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
T2 was the first pin I fell in love with when I first got into pins back in college. Also the 1st pin I bought for my home collection, so obviously I'm a huge fan. It's a simple table, but for some reason I find it very satisfying to play. I do hope Bobby will make the table really hard, because if they make it too easy the game will be pretty boring. The fun of T2 is actually hitting the shots, with great flow and speed. If TPA makes that simple, the fun of the table will be definitely lost/wasted.

karl

May 10, 2012
I love this table and will back it for sure. It might not be one of the deepest rule sets of the modern tables but it is great fun and an important table to include. Wasn't this the first one to use a dmd? I am also very curious on the size of this kickstarter.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I owned a T2 for a while so here's some of my thoughts.

Pros
Like most Steve Ritchie tables its fast, fun and flashy.
I've always liked the playfield layout with the nice combo left and right ramps, the typical Ritchie bank of drop targets in front of the bumpers that can be "death" if aimed for and the canon which is still pretty cool.
The artwork is ok but I really like how they blended the Terminator hands into the slingshot plastics.
The custom speech from Arnold is cool at first but...(see cons)

Cons
Like I said "it's fast, fun and flashy." So was the movie. However, like the T2 movie, it hasn't aged as well with me. I still like the movie but it's not one I pop in the Blu-Ray player on a yearly basis.
...custom speech from Arnold can get old after a while.

My main problem is that the license just hasn't held up as well as say, Twilight Zone or ST:TNG. Maybe it's because I owned one and played it for a while and am just tired of it. Don't get me wrong. I'll still buy it but don't think I'll be pledging as much (if at all) to the Kickstarter like I did the two previous ones. Personally, I'd rather have Getaway but that's here nor there.

On a side note though, I'd like to get Stern's T3 which, I think would be a possibility. Just like Elvira, if they get the license, they might as well use it. FarSight has no cap on Stern tables they can do unlike Bally and Williams where they have to pay more once they reach it. I feel the same about Simpsons if they get the license in the future. Do them both.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2012
I will definitely back this table. I recently visited the Microsoft campus where they had a T2 on free play and I spent every free minute on it. I'm also hoping for T3, which I find to be just as good.

Karl, according to ipdb.org:

"First Williams standard pinball game *designed* to use a "standard" Dot Matrix Display (DMD), although Midway's 1991 'Gilligan's Island' was the first standard pinball game to be manufactured with a DMD because the T2 design cycle took longer to complete.

First game to feature a video mode.

First game with a swing-out Cannon, fired by the player."

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
If they do T2, they've gotta make sure the deal lets them do T3 as well. I have played T2 many times in the past (has been a long time), and get to play T3 fairly frequently, as it is on location nearby. T3 is far more dynamic, though T2 has a classic layout that works so well Steve Ritchie basically revived it exactly for AC/DC, and while I normally would call that lacking for creativity, it works beautifully in AC/DC, and that's what matters most. As far as would I support a Kickstarter... I have yet do so, but as with the previous 2, if I felt like my little contribution (I really couldn't add more that $10) would make a difference getting it over the finish line on the last day or two, then I probably would, BUT, I'd be 5X more likely to do so (or find a way to contribute more) if BOTH T2 & T3 were part of the deal. I really believe that T3 is a better table, though T2 was obviously more popular and significant, do to how old it is, and it's "firsts".

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
This is one I'm actually not familiar with; I may have played it once or twice back in the day, but don't have the fond memories I do of Twilight Zone or Star Trek: TNG.

Still, Steve Ritchie tables are always welcome. And I liked the movie.

DarthVonDoom

Jun 13, 2012
It's more than great its a classic but T3 is a piece of garbage that is why most people will always prefer the T2 machine. I could not care less about T3 like the movie I don't want it anywhere near me, the stink could rub off on me.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I still have my Laser Disc player hooked up to the TV!! It gets to play a movie maybe twice a year cause some movies I just never got around to replacing on DVD and now Blu Ray. It may have been bulky and not that convenient, but damn some of the box sets I have had amazing packaging.

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
Camera Angle for the T2 Cannon

Glad to hear that this one’s coming, this used to be my favorite table. I especially liked the cannon in the game.

When I used to play this table, I’d move to the left, to the side and behind the cannon, so I could line up my shot. My aim was pretty good, actually. But I’m nervous about how the cannon’s gonna work here, in The Pinball Arcade.

I know it’s early yet, but here’s a feature request for Farsight: In this table, there should be a fire-the-cannon camera angle. Without it, it’ll be too hard to reliably hit the moving targets, I think.

Don’t know. Just a thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.