196361_10151268489449244_675196771_n.jpg

Avengers LE
148726_10151268490584244_1658092756_n.jpg

Avengers LE Playfield
600290_10151268491359244_1432392173_n.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
This theme doesn't do much for me, but the LE layout looks fun.
They also stole the spinning lamp from TOTAN. But in this case it is a cube.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Starting to not like the look of this quickly printed on grafix it looks so cut N paste, as easy as those are to pump out it should be cheaper.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Doesn't look like a real pinball machine . It resembles a new Zen 2 Pinball table or a toy from the Sears Catalogue . I agree with Skill _Shot very cut and paste on the entire layout , no style .

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The graphics are horrid, but I'd still like to give it a play. I like the look of the layout & shots. Looks like the Hulk figure has movable arms. I assume there is some sort of Hulk smash action to it. Any price info on these yet?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They also have a Hulk LE model with a green cabinet that looks much better. They also will release a premium model in 2013. A source on Pinside says the LE versions have a MSRP of $8,099. That sounds crazy expensive!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
It looks like theyre trying to maximise profit with cheap production. You can put as many slices and holes in sheet metal it will never POP or LURE you in like a rollercoaster for a ball like RAILS DO! I do like the lazer ct avenger emblem in the launch ramp and the backglass and cabinet grafix are the norm since painting its the material and overal feel.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Let's face it, the art of good graphic design is lost on pinball today. Your eye isn't directed to any one thing, and the colors don't help.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I'd rather have 2 or 3 Bally/Williams pins than a single Stern.

Well said. With a few exceptions (LOTR, AC/DC, a couple others) I don't care too much for the newer Sterns. Avengers just looks so cheap but it most certainly will not be in price. Hopefully they'll have some better voice work than X-Men which reminded me of the horrible stuff from many of the Marvel Zen tables.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
By the portraits at the back of the playfield, it looks like they may incorporate something similar to the different avenger balls in the Zen game. Wouldn't that be funny if this turned out inferior to the Zen table?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
By the portraits at the back of the playfield, it looks like they may incorporate something similar to the different avenger balls in the Zen game. Wouldn't that be funny if this turned out inferior to the Zen table?

The only way I could see it being inferior to Zen is if you're a fan of flashy gimmicks.

It's a real machine, so it's automatically going to better in several ways, or at least it should be unless they really mess something up.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Here's the announcement from Pinball News- http://www.pinballnews.com/games/avengers/index3.html

Pro will be $5699, and the LE will be a wallet crushing $8099. I agree with what has been said about the garish artwork. Note that in the press release, it begins with the "world's leading maker of real pinball games" rather than the "world's only maker of real pinball games" thereby acknowledging JJP's existence for the first time, to my knowledge. Their slogan on their website still hasn't changed, however.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Hmmmmm. I heard a preorder JJP Hobbit LE is US$7K.
But from WOZ you can at least see the money on the table - the puntable that is ;)
Seriously though the whole The Pin thing dented my confidence in Stern's business model-and AC/DC excepted-their constant crap themes (IMHO) don't excite me.
In fairness I'd have prefered JJP to do Elvira3 over the Hobbit-and I live in NZ!-But what the hell-I LOVED LOTR as a table :)

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
I really want to see a play run/explanation video for the Avengers LE before I really say much. It's hard (for me at least) to be sure what all the shots and toys are exactly from the still overhead of the playfield. Could be really cool, could be pretty weak, I'm just not sure yet. It certainly looks to have a "high center of gravity" (pretty much everything of interest is in the top 1/3 or so of the playfield), which makes it at first blush seem to have a lot of wasted playfield, BUT, you could say that about Spider-Man as an example which is possibly Stern's best table (that or LOTR). It also looks pretty 2D/flat (not a lot of tall ramps/toys/etc. like Indy ('93) or T3 have), BUT you can say that about Monster Bash (probably my fav table of all time), or Funhouse, or a bunch of other great tables. So, we shall see.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Of the newer Sterns I've played recently, I gotta say I really enjoyed spider man (though that's probably older right? Like 08-ish?). I didn't like ACDC at all but it's pretty clear that the LE blows the Pro ( which is what I played) out of the water.

Visually ACDC is gorgeous though. When they get creative, the team at Stern can really pump out a great looking game. This looks generic but so does Spider-Man and so does X-men IMO its cause the license already has the art just bland art straight from the film... I always reserve judgement until I play the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.