I'm here with an interest in retro and casual gaming & could use help with promotion

Rich Hutnik

Nov 30, 2012
I'm here with an interest in retro and casual gaming & could use help with promotion

Ok, this forum on this site seems to be the place to introduce myself. I was suggested to go here and post, by the Pinball Arcade page on Facebook.

Ok, the short of it is this: I am interest in promoting casual and retro gaming. I am interested in getting players together of all types into casual and retro gaming to advance these games, and growth and interest. I would like to get enough people together, for example, so that Microsoft would show more respect and help more with the likes of Pinball Arcade.

On my background: I had started a non-profit to promote games like chess and Go. I had felt a need to have a more general game organization and got really interested in Microsoft's Game Room. Along the way, I watched that product get immensely disrespected by Microsoft and felt a need for a community to support the fans of Game Room. This, combine with my interest in a more general game organization, led to the founding of CADERS, which currently is a group on Facebook (caders.com will get you there). It went from beyond Game Room, to end up covering any retro and retro style play, and also more casual games (think of content seen on XBox Live Arcade to get ideas for the range). The group also did a number of Pinball FX2 tables, and has an interest in Pinball Arcade.

And the future: I would like to get enough people together to have tournaments, online and off. I would like to also have a "PGA for Pacman" sometime, which would chain retro games together tournament style, and would even like to get some help, thus my posting here. Would anyone want to help get a league together for Pinball Arcade? I could go into details on how to do it, and it could be across a bunch of platforms.

Anyhow, thank you for your time. Time for me to get going, as it is getting late here.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Hey Rich - nice to see you made it here! I was also a big supporter of Game Room and did some of your challenges you set up through Game Room and CADERS. We already have an unofficial competition going for the 360 leaderboards for The Pinball Arcade - hopefully they will get tournaments up and running soon (once they get a new publisher for the 360 that is!).

Rich Hutnik

Nov 30, 2012
Hey Ark, good to see you. I am glad to see someone I know on here.

Please let me know if you in the CADERS group on Facebook or not. I would like to be able to channel people into this event. I believe also we can likely do multi-platform tournaments also. As it is now, I would like to get in sync with those running the pinball tournament, and have people run it. I am limited on what I can do now.

Also, as part of this, maybe we can Kickstart a project to launch a company as a publisher so that it can be able to enable there to be someone to handle this. The company could also look to make sure needed features get in place for running tournaments. Like, I see that the Midway Arcade Origins collection does NOT have weekly leaderboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.