Bug Twilight Zone on Mac - Unplayable!

MF_

May 23, 2012
Just got version 1.0.7 and paid for Twilight Zone.

The frame-rate is appallingly low. Maybe 10 FPS? It's totally unplayable. :(

Also tried to login to Facebook, which has been broken for months and said to be fixed in this update. It's still broken. :(

MF_

May 23, 2012
Looking at Activity Monitor I see the Pinball Arcade process is using 98% of my CPU. On a 6-Core Xeon Mac Pro, 98%??? Really.

MF_

May 23, 2012
Other tables seem okay, same as before. Lots of frame-rate drops in window mode, but 60 FPS stable in full screen.

bonch

May 24, 2012
Apparently, optimizations for low-end machines (I don't remember if it was GPUs specifically) were mistakenly left out of this update and will return in the next patch.

MF_

May 23, 2012
Apparently, optimizations for low-end machines (I don't remember if it was GPUs specifically) were mistakenly left out of this update and will return in the next patch.

My machine isn't low end. I have a 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Xeon Mac Pro. The frame-rate in TZ is so bad it can't even be played.

I don't understand why the Mac version of Pinball Arcade looks and sounds so crappy. The PS3 version looks beautiful, the lighting effects are really great. Mac version looks flat and boring, like it was ported from the iOS version.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I noticed quite a few bugs while playing tonight, including the frame rate issue (which of course I emailed a report about). This horrible iOS port really needs to be developed from the ground up. I've been begging for customizable controls and in-game tweaks from the beginning.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.