Mac issues

Rob Mann

FarSight Employee
Nov 7, 2012
Hey guys. We are aware of the Mac issues, and are submitting an update to Apple on Monday to get you guys fixed. If your computer is crashing at the farsight login, please message below with the year and model of your computer, as well as the amount of RAM you have. Thanks for your help, guys!

Whizkid33

Sep 25, 2012
Hey guys. We are aware of the Mac issues, and are submitting an update to Apple on Monday to get you guys fixed. If your computer is crashing at the farsight login, please message below with the year and model of your computer, as well as the amount of RAM you have. Thanks for your help, guys!

Does this at any point mean fixing the fact that when you have the Shift's engaged for flippers that you can not nudge? or if you use the arrow keys you can only nudge once in each direction?

MF_

May 23, 2012
I'm unable to login, the app locks up with a black screen. Also the frame-rate in TZ is very low, unplayable.

Same problems on both my Macs...

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
Processor: 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB
Software: OS X 10.8.2

MacBook Pro (Early 2011)
Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB
Software: OS X 10.8.2

Last edited:

Nightmac21

Dec 1, 2012
The only problem I've run into on the recent update was the really low frame-rate in Twilight Zone (that is, with the option to lock to 30 fps turned off.) However, turning on the 30 fps lock kind of fixes it, but to be honest it's still not enough. (TZ only) Hopefully the TZ frame-rate issue gets resolved!

Otherwise, the other tables run great without the 30 fps lock option, and the login system issues (specifically the app-freezing black screen from after clicking yes or no as to whether you want to compare scores on Facebook) appear to be fixed (it was broken in the last version, from what I remember since I started using it).

Anyway, here's my description for the Mac I currently own:

Macbook Pro (Early 2008)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB
Software: OS X 10.7.5 (OS X Lion)

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Otherwise, the other tables run great without the 30 fps lock option, and the login system issues (specifically the app-freezing black screen from after clicking yes or no as to whether you want to compare scores on Facebook) appear to be fixed (it was broken in the last version, from what I remember since I started using it).

Unfortunately this isn't the case for everyone. The app still locks up at comparing scores on Facebook regardless of whether I choose yes or no. Clicking the "hall of fame scores" button crashes the app entirely. There is still frame rate issues with all the tables regardless of whether I lock to 30fps or not. Still no customizable control options and still a rather crappy iOS port. :(

My specs:

Mid 2010 27in iMac
3.2 GHz Core i3
4GB 1333 DDR3
ATI Radeon 5670 512mb
OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion

Nightmac21

Dec 1, 2012
Unfortunately this isn't the case for everyone. The app still locks up at comparing scores on Facebook regardless of whether I choose yes or no.

I understand that. It sounds frustrating, yet that problem happens to everyone except for me, and I remember having that problem in the last update.

Clicking the "hall of fame scores" button crashes the app entirely.

Oh right, I also have that problem too, both in the recent update and the previous update before it.

It really is painful when features that used to work all of a sudden become broken, especially when it occurs on a recent App update for iOS games ported onto Macs. :(

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I have a different problem. I am a kickstarter backer at the $100 level. I still am unable to even play the game once on Mac. It wants me to purchase the game or pro pack. Being a $100 backer I thought those were free but I guess not. Hope we don't have any new kickstarters any time soon.

ksmmspt

Jun 17, 2012
Rob,
I've had no improvement on my imac (Version 10.7.5; 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo; 8GB 1067 Mhz DDR3). However, it plays very nicely on my Macbook pro (Version 10.7.5; 2 Ghz Intel Core i7; 4 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3). I'm not sure exactly why it's fine on the macbook pro vs the mac.

ksmmspt

Jun 17, 2012
Just a quick update: TZ and STTNG play very well on both of my Macs after the latest updates. Still some minor bugs to be worked out, but I'm very happy overall.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts