Playfield been scanned from an old flyer???

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Have seen some posts on other forums (http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=18876&pid=172197&st=0&#entry172197) that the BOP playfield image might be a scan of an old flyer showing the image of the PF, as there are reports that you can see what looks like to be wrinkles or creases on the actual PF itself!!. Can anyone confirm this!?, if this is true then FarSight should hang their heads in shame!!, if members of other pinball froums (VPForums, GoPinball Forums etc) can redraw Playfields to the stupidly high quality that they do and dont get an ounce of payment for it then FarSight have no excuess really do they!

Last edited:

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Can you take a screenshot on your phone and point to the creases? This almost certainly isn't true. If promo flyers were their only available source for art assets on this table, why would Farsight not just choose a different table to work on instead? Oh, Internet. :(

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I havent seen this issue, as i have an iphone i just seen a few people mention it thats all. And wanted to know if there was any truth in it!?. Hopefully one of the FS guys can chime in here and confirm!

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
We use photographs of the real playfields to create them. If someone does see an issue with the playfield, please post a photo so we can look into it.

robx46

Apr 5, 2012
Really? Seems like everybody commenting on this only has a phone, do you really think you can see PF detail on a phone screen? No, this is something you are only likely to notice on a tablet. I have both phone & tablet & this is absolutely true. The PF does have what looks like wrinkles & creases in it.
It is NOT a rendering issue or anything like that. This is very clearly part of the texture. Especially around the flippers. I don't know what it is I'm looking at. Maybe their game actually has these marks on it? If so I'm wondering why it wasn't touched up.
Its weird, but I definitely see something odd with the PF, & it isn't a glitch. That said, its nothing too horrible & I can live with it. These games on android aren't exactly the prettiest games out there anyways.

Craig Booth

Feb 28, 2012
After a bit more poking around, I'd say it's pretty safe to ignore anything lettuce posts here.

For sure, it seems lettice is becoming a bit of a troll around here and the facebook page. He's been deleting posts when people don't agree with him also.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
For sure, it seems lettice is becoming a bit of a troll around here and the facebook page. He's been deleting posts when people don't agree with him also.

Im not a troll!. I wasnt even the one that noticed this BOP Playfield anomaly, i was just commenting on what i read on a few other pinball releated forums, and the whole point of this thread was to ask if this was so from Android owners.....i wasnt claiming anything, if you even took the time to read my first post you would have know this!

And i have NOT deleted a single post! I have a problem with the resolution of the textures FS have used on the 4 release tables on the Xbox 360 and i stand by that, im not hiding that fact. I havent come out and said TPA is ****e and people shouldnt bother with it have i?, if i had then yes i would be a troll......i do think its an extremely ambitious project and FS have for the most part pulled it off! That thread and one other are the only threads i have opened on this forum......for curiosity sake what posts are you referring to Craig?

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Really? Seems like everybody commenting on this only has a phone, do you really think you can see PF detail on a phone screen? No, this is something you are only likely to notice on a tablet. I have both phone & tablet & this is absolutely true. The PF does have what looks like wrinkles & creases in it.
It is NOT a rendering issue or anything like that. This is very clearly part of the texture. Especially around the flippers. I don't know what it is I'm looking at. Maybe their game actually has these marks on it? If so I'm wondering why it wasn't touched up.
Its weird, but I definitely see something odd with the PF, & it isn't a glitch. That said, its nothing too horrible & I can live with it. These games on android aren't exactly the prettiest games out there anyways.

Can you take a screen capture of this on your tablet, or even a pic with a camera?, so you can show Mike what your talking about?

Craig Booth

Feb 28, 2012
Have seen some posts on other forums *insert forum link here* that the BOP playfield image might be a scan of an old flyer showing the image of the PF, as there are reports that you can see what looks like to be wrinkles or creases on the actual PF itself. Can anyone from Farsight confirm this?

Thanks in advance for responding

Fixed, so the original post is not troll like in appearance.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Just got myself an Android tablet and Bride of Pinbot looks and plays superb on it. I would say that IMO all the tables Look better on my Tablet than they do on my Xbox 360.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.