Android 1.8.0 and Tournament: Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

Moderator note:

This thread is for posting bugs only (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use this thread instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps to reproduce:

Frequency:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
==Issue==

Bug with LITZ and gum ball view.

==Device==

TF300T with JB 4.1.2 stock

==Reproducible==

This is the first time this has happened. Have not has a good enough game to reproduce again.

==Observation==

Managed to get a 3 billion score on TZ :-D and noticed that on the second LITZ, the view was stuck on the "PLAYER ONE IS UP" DMD notification after all balls were accounted for, and the view stuck on the gum ball machine.

==Troubleshooting performed/steps to resolve==

* I paused and resumed a few times, but it didn't fix the issue.

* I called the attendant but the ball was correctly in the shooter lane, so no luck. I just couldn't see it or plunge it.

* I then mashed the view button a few times, the view change sound fired each time I pressed the view button but the view number did not change.

This last step seemed to get the view off the gum ball machine.

==Additional info==

Ryan, I think the last ball that was sent up to the gum ball could be the trigger for this. When the ball goes up there, there might be an assumption that the view expects a ball to be released before the camera can "follow" the ball as it travels under the playfield.

Because no ball gets released, the view code gets confused and doesn't reset the view to the shooter lane in a timely manner.

Is my logic misguided, or somewhat accurate?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Device/OS: Samsung Galaxy S III (Android version 4.1.1)

Bug Description: Unable to tilt the table up/down in Table Exploration with the camera type set to locked.

Steps to reproduce: Set camera type to locked then go into Table Exploration...you can only move the table left/right and zoom, but are unable to tilt the table up/down.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: Setting the camera type to scrolling does allow you to tilt the table up/down in Table Exploration, but it would be nice to not have to change the camera type every time I want to use Table Exploration.

Last edited:

pyroxian

May 25, 2012
Issue: Scared Stiff - Disappearing Ball in Multiball
Device: Asus Transformer TF101
Description: Twice while playing a game I had a ball disappear in Multiball - I think it was when I shot them into the crate close to each other. The first time was in Stiff in the Coffin, but the ball eventually reappeared during play. The second time was during monster multiball and I lost my last active ball before the lost ball reappeared and the game just sat there looking for a new ball. 'Call Attendant' just printed the message that there were no inactive balls. Eventually I had to quit the table, losing a personal best score :(

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Issue : TZ : gumball blockage
Device : Nexus 7
Description : see screenshot below. Once blockage occured, the framerate dropped, I got a constant clicking/ticking noise and the view would not show the plunger.

tz.png

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Device/OS: Nexus 7 / Android 4.2.1

Bug Description: Powerfield is missing several posts. See image below.

Steps to reproduce: None

KEfUV.jpg

Of course, this doesn't impact how the table plays, but it's just something I noticed.

hi-ban

Sep 4, 2012
Device/OS: Nexus 7 / Android 4.2.1

Bug Description: Powerfield is missing several posts. See image below.

Steps to reproduce: None

KEfUV.jpg

Of course, this doesn't impact how the table plays, but it's just something I noticed.

Exact same thing in my LG Optimus2X.

N

netizen

Bug: Leaderboard creates an extra page of HOF scores with no title header.

Steps to reproduce: In portrait view go to leader boards, scroll through pages pressing the left scroll arrow, when at the HOF score page press the left scroll arrow a blank untitled page will appear with HOF scores on it, press left again to get the ESS scores, press right to go to HOF, press left and there's the untitled page.

Mapa

May 16, 2012
A few TZ bugs:

- As mentioned in the 1.7.0 beta thread, the trough sensor still does not work (service dot also indicates this)
- I also noticed the problems with balls getting stuck in the gumball machine. In my case, it looked like there were two balls, separated by an invisible ball (happened once in 20 games).
- The clock does not work properly, when it rewinds back to 12:00 it often winds back to 11:00. When it forwards to 12:00, it goes to 1 or 2:00. This happens about half of the times.
- Also, I find the noise the clock makes too loud
- Who ever requested the feature to change the ball texture? I am now playing with the 8-ball, very funny, but hardly realistic.
- I find it quite difficult to make the shot to load the gumball machine (harder than on a real machine - it can only be made by shooting it from the very tip of the flipper, 1 msec before drowning it)
- The powerfield on the other hand seems more simple than on a real machine
- The powerball looks slightly bigger, and more important, it does not feel lighter or faster, as the real PB does
- When I select viewing angle 4, after the next game it shows angle 1 (but it is still 4). Edit: I found out, it shows the angle chosen when launching the ball. I switched to 2 (so I can make the skill shot), and it keeps ons showing 2 during game (even though 4 was chosen)

Apart from that, TZ is already my favorite game (kicked TOTAN from the #1 spot).

Device/OS: Eken T10 tablet (specs: see left)

Last edited:

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
There's a weird TZ glitch in which TPA will occasionally suddenly put up a "final score" dialog with a score of zero at the beginning of the game. Trying to start the game again will register another press on the start button and start a two-player game.

I'm not sure exactly how to reproduce it, but I've seen it a few times. Seems similar to the common glitch in which TPA doesn't know the game is over at the end, only in reverse...

N

netizen

Bug?: HSTD and Match enabled in tournament made for RBION, TOTAN, & TOM

Steps to reproduce: Enter tournament, score well enough to place on local HSTD you'll be asked to enter initials on the three tables listed, but not on BH. The Match sequence then runs.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Device: Asus TF700T

Bug Description : Table - Big Shot in portrait mode still has HUD hiding Top of table (including bumper and lanes) due to abnormally large screen, Flippers are hidden due to Ball and Credit values way too large as well)

Steps to duplicate: None

Repeatability: 100%

Extra comments: At least now there is the HUD visibility toggle so it's not a "game breaker"

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
There's a weird TZ glitch in which TPA will occasionally suddenly put up a "final score" dialog with a score of zero at the beginning of the game. Trying to start the game again will register another press on the start button and start a two-player game.

I'm not sure exactly how to reproduce it, but I've seen it a few times. Seems similar to the common glitch in which TPA doesn't know the game is over at the end, only in reverse...
This happened to me, as I documented in the last bug thread. Was overlooked there. I think this bug comes up if you tap the screen during the match sequence, and/or immediately tap continue on the final score screen. Do that, then immediately tap start, and you get the Final Score 0 screen.
18130_4566731839860_1791841271_n.jpg

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012

Bug Description: All Tables - Nudge settings are not persistent when you shut down or reboot the device.
I prefer using "shake" vs "touch screen" and it reverts to default " touch screen"

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Bug Description: All Tables - Nudge settings are not persistent when you shut down or reboot the device.
I prefer using "shake" vs "touch screen" and it reverts to default " touch screen"

Confirmed, and has been an issue ever since TPA was released.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Bug: Twilight Zone. Plunger Rod tip should not be visible in normal position.

Just looking at this image prompted me to report another issue.

When you plunge the ball, the plunger tip should not be visible in the plunge scale. The tip on the plunger should be partially obscured by the top of the plunger guide.

This isn't just an issue on TZ, the issue is also on Taxi, and other plunger titles.

As it stands now, the ball drops back against the ball rest with what would be about 3 - 5 cm of gap between the plunger tip and the ball.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
- Who ever requested the feature to change the ball texture? I am now playing with the 8-ball, very funny, but hardly realistic.
This is a carryover from Pinball Hall of Fame; there, it was one of the premiums for getting all the wizard goals on a table (at least on the Wii). I kind of liked that approach: tag your balls as a badge of achievement.

N

Nik Barbour

Device: HTC Desire S (Rooted)

Bug Description:

Twilight Zone:-
Ball jams frequently when loading the gumball machine with many games having to be aborted due to being unable to continue play.

It appears to jam where the inverted 'j' shaped trail does a 90° before finally entering the clear ball. Approximately 30% of shots in will jam. Some can be freed by shooting another ball in there, 20% of total games will result in a game ending jam.

Calling the attendant results in 2 balls being delivered to plunger lane.

Steps to duplicate: load gumball machine

Severity: High - Game Ending Bug

Repeatability: 30%

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012

Bug Description : Table - Big Shot in portrait mode still has HUD hiding Top of table (including bumper and lanes) due to abnormally large screen, Flippers are hidden due to Ball and Credit values way too large as well)

Extra comments: At least now there is the HUD visibility toggle so it's not a "game breaker"

This has only just shown up for me on my 8" ARCHOS TABLET it worked fine for me in the previous build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts