So wheres that ceramic ball?

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
I think Ive already hit every mode. I know I hit Lost in the zone already and then they have a "hit the right lane for powerball" but the regular ball comes out. Is that supposed to be the ceramic ball? Or Im not hitting the mode?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
It looks like the normal ball, apparently if you select a different ball skin then all other balls will have the skin and the powerball will remain as normal.

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
Agreed... Big disappointment when I got powerball and then it was not a ceramic colored ball and really did not play like one.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
It's gotta be a bug and I suspect (hope!) that it's fixed in the next update. When I have the other balls skinned, the Powerball is semi-transparent!

I'm on an iPad 1. I don't know if it's different on later iPads, as they use a shiny ball rather than the dull grey one I get.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Ahhh, i tried the skins and sure there is that ceramic ball now. For sure it is a bug.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I know. I thought, wtf. Where is the powerball? Then someone said there were skins. I turned on the 8ball skins and sure enough the powerball was there. Buggy, but glad it is out. Now just fix the powerball. And make it more difficult like the real table.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I got the "ceramic ball" in play. You need to activate the gumball machine mode for it to actually get it onto the game field. Keep playing the game and you'll see it.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Speaking of ball skins, does anyone have access to the special TZ ball, or is that not released yet? I have custom ball options, but none of them look like anything I'd associate with Twilight Zone.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Got the powerball, huge white thing, nothing like the steel balls. I've got the gold skin going on though, is that making the difference?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
. . .make it more difficult like the real table.
Nope, got to cater to the "average" player, who needs to make it to the end, otherwise they may fail and feel bad. Dumbing things down so the unskilled can feel good about themselves has become far to prevalent in too many areas. Pinball (especially TZ) should not be one of them.
I discovered that the speaker at an expo I bought tickets to will be none other than Roger Sharpe, the instigator of this travesty. I'll be sure to give him a good cussing out.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
For what it's worth, I could see the Powerball even without the ball skins. It looks white and non-metallic. I think it first appeared in the gumball machine, as it often does.

It seemed to move a little faster than the regular ball, but there isn't as huge a difference as on the real table.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
To access the pinball skins, go into the EXTRAS menu on TZ. There is no special TZ skin, not yet at least. I am assuming one will be released. At least to the $25 tier backers.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
To access the pinball skins, go into the EXTRAS menu on TZ. There is no special TZ skin, not yet at least. I am assuming one will be released. At least to the $25 tier backers.

The Twilight Zone ball skin is the black and white striped ball which represents the black and white spiral image around the red ball saver lamp between the flippers and the yellow start button on the front of the pinball cabinet.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The powerball starts as default as the 3rd ball in the gumball machine. If you don't quit, the game will remember where the ball location is in consecutive games. You'll need to load the gumball 3 times to get the powerball out.

If you quit (either to main menu, or quit during a game) the ball gets reset to the 3rd location in the gumball machine.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
The Twilight Zone ball skin is the black and white striped ball which represents the black and white spiral image around the red ball saver lamp between the flippers and the yellow start button on the front of the pinball cabinet.

i called it the wolverine ball and bonzo said zebra haha

Members online

Members online