Is IPad 1 no longer supported with Twilight Zone?

WildWingMafia

Nov 8, 2012
Folks, I've tried repeatedly to download TZ on my Ipad1.

I've tried updating on the App Store updates list.

I've tried uninstalling my apps and reinstalling them.

No matter what I do, TZ app/TPA app just says 'waiting' like its waiting to download, but the bar never moves. I've tried everything.

Is Ipad1 no longer supported?

Arcflup

May 19, 2012
I just fired up my old ipad 1 to check for you and yes TZ does work on ipad 1 ios 5.1.1. If you can though do yourself a favour and pick up an ipad 4. There is no comparison.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Yes, I thought that until I upgraded. Believe me, there is no comparison.

He still doesnt need to get it to enjoy TZ on TPA. Glad you enjoy your iPad4 but it's not the answer the OP is looking for.

To the OP: TZ runs fine on the iPad 1.

Arcflup

May 19, 2012
.... Glad you enjoy your iPad4 but it's not the answer the OP is looking for......

No, this is the answer he was looking for as supplied by me half an hour after he asked, although, it appears he is no longer looking here for it:

I just fired up my old ipad 1 to check for you and yes TZ does work on ipad 1 ios 5.1.1. ...

My second post was in response to:

Runs perfectly on my ipad1. Save yourself $700 and "wait"

Yes, I thought that until I upgraded. Believe me, there is no comparison.

Perhaps I should elaborate. I was very happy playing TPA on my Ipad 1 but intended to upgrade to Ipad 4 in March/April but, as you know, Apple got the jump on us and released it early. Despite dropping £1k on a Samsung Chronos, which I'm also enjoying thanks, the same week, I bought one the day after launch. It came as a shock just how much more of a pleasurable experience TPA on Ipad 4 is when compared to Ipad 1.

So OP, wherever you may be, Ipad 1 is still supported by FS, TZ runs on it and is very playable. However, the TPA/Ipad 4 experience is so much nicer.

There how's that?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Twilight Zone runs better on my girlfriend's ipad 1 than my new ipad mini. Of course the ipad 1 is still using ios 5 and the ipad mini ios 6. I hope FarSight looks into the ios 6 on ipad 2's and ipad mini problems. Many of the tables are really slow and stutter a lot.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I don't think it's an issue of the ipad 2 or the ipad mini being able to "handle" TPA. I think it's more of a programming bug that's causing issues with the compatibility of ios 6 and TPA on these devices.

night

May 18, 2012
I don't think it's an issue of the ipad 2 or the ipad mini being able to "handle" TPA. I think it's more of a programming bug that's causing issues with the compatibility of ios 6 and TPA on these devices.

And the priority to fix it seems LOW. For me no new tables before the bug is fixed. Btw, TZ has stuttering as well, plays slow. And it's pretty easy as well in the demo, don't know how the original table plays..

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Btw, TZ has stuttering as well, plays slow. And it's pretty easy as well in the demo, don't know how the original table plays..

That's what I mean. TZ stutters even tho' RBION does not. So along with the stuttering BH, I'm thinking table complexity isn't a factor.

kerumba

Sep 3, 2012
I have yet to be able to launch TZ on my iPad 1 (5.1.1).

IF the game manages to get to the table select, it always crashes when the dialogue box pops up asking 'Would you like to restore tables on this device?". Even clicking Cancel causes it to crash.

I have rebooted the iPad, shut down all apps, killed any active processes, but nothing seems to help.

Any advice would be most welcome as I'm finding TZ almost impossible on the iPhone 4... it's so busy.

okurka

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
Perhaps I should elaborate. I was very happy playing TPA on my Ipad 1 but intended to upgrade to Ipad 4 in March/April but, as you know, Apple got the jump on us and released it early. Despite dropping £1k on a Samsung Chronos, which I'm also enjoying thanks, the same week, I bought one the day after launch. It came as a shock just how much more of a pleasurable experience TPA on Ipad 4 is when compared to Ipad 1.

So OP, wherever you may be, Ipad 1 is still supported by FS, TZ runs on it and is very playable. However, the TPA/Ipad 4 experience is so much nicer.

There how's that?
Why don't you recommend the OP to buy the real TZ table?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts