Medieval Madness finally gets some attention?

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Version 1.8.0 on Android induced re-download of this table. Seems like the bounce off a held flipper isn't as absurdly high as it used to be, and the damsel rescue now works like it's supposed to. Any other changes people noticed?

I might spend some more time with MM in the near future...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I am so happy with this table now. Amazing considering how I would avoid it like the plague in it's original state.

karl

May 10, 2012
The table plays much better now on IOS but the Troll bomb button has not been fixed. You still launch all your bombs as soon as a Troll appears and you use your right flipper. Please fix this Farsight and this table will be perfect on IOS

Last edited:

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
It is playing better but i would still like to see the left ramp fixed on balls that return back down it, and also the flipper gap. Its getting closer but these two items still need to be fixed

N

netizen

I think that Judi Chop is referring to the way a ball that doesn't go all the way up the ramps returns to the playfield/flippers.

In the real MM the ramps are split, at two levels, so that the ball is funnelled towards the flippers rather than RDTM like it tends to in TPA.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Yeah, I also noticed that balls that fall back down the peasant ramp go straight down the center drain, and I recall people saying that doesn't happen on the real machine (though I have played it only a few times myself).

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
After playing some more there's a couple things with the physics updates I'm not enjoying as much. When i have the ball cradled and let the flipper down the ball seems to stick way too much to the flipper, it just feels way too slow rolling down. Also, it seems like when shooting ramp shots if you miss and hit off the edge of the ramps the ball turns into a rocket and either finds its way down the center or outlanes and drains before i even know what had happened. It just seems like it accelerates too quickly when hit like this, making saves impossible. I'm not looking for it to be easy by any means when you miss a shot, you should have to pay for bad shots, but right now it just feels impossible to make a save except by luck.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
After playing some more there's a couple things with the physics updates I'm not enjoying as much. When i have the ball cradled and let the flipper down the ball seems to stick way too much to the flipper, it just feels way too slow rolling down. Also, it seems like when shooting ramp shots if you miss and hit off the edge of the ramps the ball turns into a rocket and either finds its way down the center or outlanes and drains before i even know what had happened. It just seems like it accelerates too quickly when hit like this, making saves impossible. I'm not looking for it to be easy by any means when you miss a shot, you should have to pay for bad shots, but right now it just feels impossible to make a save except by luck.

That first part actually sounds like a good thing, as in more flipper friction, unless it's overdone.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Interesting thing: now that the physics is improved, the flipper gap is actually bothering me in a way it didn't before. (It still seems to be wider than on the table as pictured in IPDB.)

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Anyone know when these updates are coming to ps3?

In recent post from Pin Wiz in the 'NEWS' thread posted some info on an update for PS3

• There are many fixes and improvements for previous tables included in the upcoming PS3/PS Vita (NA/EU) Title Update which includes the assets for The Twilight Zone and Table Pack #7 (Scared Stiff and Big Shot).

No details of course but it sounds like the high bounce on MM is going to be addressed. That's fantastic because a slow ball coming down from the left orbit should not bounce so high. That was the most annoying think in MM.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts