iOS - Bug Games in Pro Mode Sometimes Malfunction at High Score Input

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Device / OS: iPad 3 / iOS 6.0.1

Description: After the final ball drains, the initial entry display for "Favorite Stiff" appears, but there are no buttons at the bottom. Flipping moves the highlighted letter around but there is no way to enter a letter. After letting that time out, the initial entry for "Spider Champion" and "Grand Champion" worked normally. After the match sequence, my high score is not displayed, it is not saved to the leaderboards, nor does it count for HoF points. The table gets stuck in attract mode and the app becomes unresponsive at that point until forced closed. This only happens on games where the Pro Mode is on.

Steps to Reproduce: Finish a Pro Mode game with a performance that qualifies you to enter your initials at least once.

Frequency: Has happened twice so far, both times on 300M+ games played in Pro Mode. Has not happened yet on a game played with Pro Mode off.

Additional Notes: During the attract sequence (while the game is "stuck"), the high score and Spider Champion are displayed properly on the DMD, so the ROM managed to save the data. Not sure if that'll make a difference in troubleshooting or not.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Sounds to me like most of the bugs you all are finding with the latest iOS update were not addressed before submission as most of these bugs were found and fixed on the Android version in the week leading up to release. Another iOS update that addresses these issues should be available soon.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
On SS for iOS I'm able to post a score-but whole app freezes on the post input screen.
The only way I'm able to replay is a a full reset of my phone (iPhone 4 iOS 4.x).

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I cant set a high score, cause the app freezes. Cant do anything but close the app.

Only on this table.

Cant find anything on this but this topic. But no solution. Can anybody help me please.

I dont have pro mode.

Edit

I just cant finish a game and start a next one, even when i dont have a high score. Weird that i cant find more posts on this. Ina, the only one having this problem?

Cant play this table at all now.

Last edited:

madness

Dec 9, 2012
I have the same problem with Scared Stiff when I get a top score.
Cannot enter initials for Favourite Stiff and my highscore is not saved. I cant see it on the game leaderboard.

using iPad2 and iOS6

Edit: just saw the last post in this thread - sometimes I freeze up Scared Stiff and I cant start a new game either. I have to terminate the app and start it again to play any table

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
When using the pro mode, leaderboards and goals are disabled. This is to prevent someone from using easier settings to dominate the leaderboards or cheat at getting the goals.

Do you remember which pro mode settings you changed? It's really impossible for us to test every single combination of pro menu changes. So to reproduce it might require me to use the same settings you have.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
When using the pro mode, leaderboards and goals are disabled. This is to prevent someone from using easier settings to dominate the leaderboards or cheat at getting the goals.

Do you remember which pro mode settings you changed? It's really impossible for us to test every single combination of pro menu changes. So to reproduce it might require me to use the same settings you have.
Family Mode set to off. That's the only thing I changed.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts