Nexus 7 and TPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I am leaning toward getting a Google Nexus 7. Can anyone speak from experience on how well TPA plays on it?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
It plays very well, the device is big enough to see what's going on but small enough to be held for long periods. I do have the odd slow down in TZ, but guessing that is that table more than device as the N7 is pretty powerful compared to most tablets out there.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
It plays very well, the device is big enough to see what's going on but small enough to be held for long periods. I do have the odd slow down in TZ, but guessing that is that table more than device as the N7 is pretty powerful compared to most tablets out there.

Yeah, I have an iPad3 and it just gets too heavy after a while. My Android phone is a Droid Charge, which doesn't have enough memory to be useful and playing TPA is painful most of the time. I'm looking forward to see how well the N7 does.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I love it. When I'm out and want to play on my phone, now I have a hard time adjusting to the smaller screen and weaker resolution.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I used to play on my iPad, but as soon as I got a nexus7 i never went back. Lightweight and comfortable to hold for long periods, and I think the size is perfect too.

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
I think the Nexus is the perfect device for TPA. Fluid, bright, excellent resolution for 7in size.

Only complaint is the speaker is on the back, not really a dog for TPA, but for videos.

Get the 32GB version if you want games, I made the 16GB mistake and regret it :/

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I picked up a N7 yesterday, 16GB is plenty for me. TPA does play well, but it plays a little bit smoother on the iPad3. Still, a far better experience then on the Droid Charge. I love the size, and it's so much lighter than the iPad.

szycag

Apr 19, 2012
Also bought a Nexus 7, and claimed my Twilight Zone for it instead of Xbox 360. I'm still not rebuying all my tables until there is support for controllers though. This really is one of the best tablets to play TPA on, just kill anything hogging up memory before you start up.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I bought the Asus TF700 for the extra resolution, but at times these 10 inch tablets get heavy after a couple hours of playing. In retrospect I would have probably been better off with the Nexus 7.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
I bought the Asus TF700 for the extra resolution, but at times these 10 inch tablets get heavy after a couple hours of playing. In retrospect I would have probably been better off with the Nexus 7.

The Asus TF700's keyboard dock should be compatible with the pinball arcade. Using Shift keys as flipper buttons or something...

Iam waiting for samsung or Asus to refresh this idea so i can buy a tablet with a keyboard dock a little cheaper with better specs.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Hi Mike,

One of the benefits of using Android Tabs is the wonderful "Portrait View" mode. On the TF700 I can read the smallest lettering clearly on all the tables in Portrait mode and the game play is much better due to enhance visibility. Once you use the keyboard dock you are locked into landscape mode, I tried it that way.

Thanks for the suggestion, I just ignore the weight and enjoy the graphic bliss.

Of course, YMMV !

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The Asus TF700's keyboard dock should be compatible with the pinball arcade. Using Shift keys as flipper buttons or something...

Iam waiting for samsung or Asus to refresh this idea so i can buy a tablet with a keyboard dock a little cheaper with better specs.

You can map flipper buttons to the shift keys, plus a host of other in-game functions, however you will need to root the tablet, and install USB/BT Joystick Center and the Joy2Touch server.

You can also use other apps to pair controllers, however many require root. Sixaxis is an option for using PS3 controllers.

On the subject of the N7, how does miracast and the pinball arcade work together? I'd be interested to use this tech included in Android 4.2 to stream TPA to a flat screen, but don't known if the video rate is choppy.

Once you do this, you will definitely notice an increase in your scores. The TF300T paired with a Wii controller makes playing TPA an absolute joy, and makes tilting so easy.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Just seen my Christmas Pressie coming back from the shops with my wife.
It's a Nexus 7 - Yeeeesss! Can't wait now.
Dropped a lot of hints, but thought they were falling on deaf ears. :D
Big sh1t eating grin all over my face now!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Just seen my Christmas Pressie coming back from the shops with my wife.
It's a Nexus 7 - Yeeeesss! Can't wait now.
Dropped a lot of hints, but thought they were falling on deaf ears. :D
Big sh1t eating grin all over my face now!

Somebody was peeking! Hope you don't end up on the naughty list for that :eek:

N

Nik Barbour

Somebody was peeking! Hope you don't end up on the naughty list for that :eek:

Does it count as peeking if she left the bags on the kitchen counter top for a half hour unguarded?
I'm gonna be pi$$ed if this is for my Gran or someone else.:D

szycag

Apr 19, 2012
With a USB OTG cable my USB Sega Saturn Pad started working instantly without the need for any app. This thing never ceases to amaze me. Now if TPA could just add support for inputs beside touchscreen we'd be in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts