Upcoming table speculation

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I feel like there's a thread for this already, but for some reason I just can't find anywhere where this is actively being discussed.

I'm interested in discussing what's coming, what everyone's looking forward too, and what people think the next packs will be.

Star Trek is next and I'm super excited, but for pack 10, personally, I really really really want it to be Attack From Mars + other.

Attack was one of the first games even mentioned for the game, yet (correct if wrong) it doesn't even show up in any of the Farsight videos, even in the background. I mean the way things are going, it looks like we'll get Cactus Canyon before Mars, and I'm a little bummed about that.

I'm also curious about EarthShaker. I can't think of a better pack than Whirlwind + EarthShaker, for obvious reasons. Maybe a HighSpeed + Getaway pack as well *fingers crossed*.

What are you guys most looking forward to? Do you think games like Dr. Dude and Genie are strong enough to "carry" a pack by themselves? What's confirmed and what's rumored? Discuss.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Dr. Dude and Genie won't be paired up. Look for Dr. Dude/Pin•Bot and Cactus Canyon/Genie in the near future...after an imminent ATTACK of course. ;)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Dr. Dude and Genie won't be paired up. Look for Dr. Dude/Pin•Bot and Cactus Canyon/Genie in the near future...after an imminent ATTACK of course. ;)

Oh this has me pumped. Attack is as anticipated for me as Twilight Zone and Star Trek.

Wonder what they'll pair it with.

Pin*Bot is absolutely awesome and since we're speculating about the future, Jack*Bot absolutely needs to happen. You don't hear much chatter on Jack*Bot but it would simply be awesome IMO to see the entire Bot trilogy on PBA.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I keep wishing FS will announce Whitewater, Haunted House, or Fireball. But I am excited about the the pins that are coming up. Attack will be a blast.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm hoping Genie will be better than the PHOF version. I didn't care for it there.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Genei for PHOF:GC physics are worse than PHOF:WC and TPA is better than that so no fears there.:) Remember the pattern of 1 DMD and 1 Non-DMD i.e. ALPHANUMERIC/EM rollover.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Maybe Attack will be paired with Space Shuttle. I know a lot of people rip on it, but I'll play plenty of Shuttle.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
2 NUMERIC not happening, yet. Too many DMD's left. Soon FS will have to renew thier liscence for Williams......that would make sense that they put out 2 of the most popular games to prepare for that, hmmm never thought of it that way. FS probably didn't either but after the success of KS I'm sure the future became brighter.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Dr. Dude/Pin*Bot, Cactus Canyon/Genie, Attack from Mars/? (maybe Space Shuttle) - these are all packs I can get behind :)

Hopefully on Wii U. Soon.

But I do have to echo the sentiment expressed by Kolchak357, when are they going to at least confirm that White Water and Haunted House will be added to the TPA lineup? These are "no-brainer" tables to include, along with Fish Tales, and at least one of the 2 newer "rollercoaster series" tables - Cyclone and/or Hurricane - Comet would likely be more trouble, do to it's age, and might have to be scripted, so I'd rather 1 or both of the newer 2. Even if they aren't going to happen for awhile still they wouldn't hurt anything by at least letting us know that these heavily anticipated tables (without major licensing issues) will happen, I mean, they announced AFM before launch and it still isn't out, but at least we had the comfort of knowing it was/is coming.

BTW, anyone seen the Haunted House Multiball mod article on PinballNews.Com?
http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/hauntedhouse/index.html
I could go for this version of Haunted House in TPA:)

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
2 NUMERIC not happening, yet. Too many DMD's left. Soon FS will have to renew thier liscence for Williams......that would make sense that they put out 2 of the most popular games to prepare for that, hmmm never thought of it that way. FS probably didn't either but after the success of KS I'm sure the future became brighter.

Here's a small tidbit for you...the only DMD table left from the PHOF Collections is Tee'd Off and the emulation for Gottlieb tables is not quite ready. Also, FarSight is not looking to release two completely new tables together just yet.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
I feel like there's a thread for this already, but for some reason I just can't find anywhere where this is actively being discussed.

I'm interested in discussing what's coming, what everyone's looking forward too, and what people think the next packs will be.

Star Trek is next and I'm super excited, but for pack 10, personally, I really really really want it to be Attack From Mars + other.

Attack was one of the first games even mentioned for the game, yet (correct if wrong) it doesn't even show up in any of the Farsight videos, even in the background. I mean the way things are going, it looks like we'll get Cactus Canyon before Mars, and I'm a little bummed about that.

I'm also curious about EarthShaker. I can't think of a better pack than Whirlwind + EarthShaker, for obvious reasons. Maybe a HighSpeed + Getaway pack as well *fingers crossed*.

What are you guys most looking forward to? Do you think games like Dr. Dude and Genie are strong enough to "carry" a pack by themselves? What's confirmed and what's rumored? Discuss.

First off, I don't think FarSight count the premium tables as packs, so whatever we end up getting in January would be Table Pack #8, not #10. Also, if what I've gathered (mostly through this forum) is correct, then haven't FarSight all but confirmed Attack From Mars for January? If this is true, then it would almost certainly be bundled with either Firepower, Pin*Bot or Space Shuttle. In any event, here's my take on what to expect from TPA in 2013:

January: AFM & Firepower/Pin*Bot/SS: As I mentioned above, AFM has been looking close for a while and these three tables are the most logical bundlers with it, as they all have aerospace themes that would work well with AFM. Pin*Bot would be the most likely if it weren't linked with Dr. Dude by PiN WiZ, but I would probably say to expect Space Shuttle with this one.

February: Checkpoint/Corvette/High Speed II: The Getaway & Victory: We know that FarSight plan to bring Victory to TPA, so I placed it here, since the Daytona 500 is in February. Of the three tables I listed as potential bundlers, I would place my bet on Checkpoint because I think its historical import as the first DMD table makes it too tempting to pass up, whereas Corvette could prove an expensive license and High Speed II: The Getaway would be a strange one to see prior to the original High Speed (even if they already did that with Pin*Bot...). Besides, we could use a Stern-licensed table from the olden days!

March: Cactus Canyon & Earthshaker: I split Earthshaker & Whirlwind because, as was pointed out to me in my own predictions thread, FarSight like to have DMD/"old-school" pairs in their bundles. Cactus Canyon may initially seem to be a counterintuitive choice, but it actually works well with Earthshaker as an Old West vs. Valley Girl Cali contrast pairing.

April: Whirlwind & Whitewater: Even though I split the Lawlor disaster tables up, we won't be waiting long for Whirlwind, as I think we'll find it in the early spring as a sort of "April showers" pack. I really hope this one comes true, since I'm an April baby and think this would make a marvelous birthday present!

May: Fish Tales & Mousin' Around: April showers bring May flowers, so I went with a decidedly less aggressive feel for this month's prediction. The tables themselves are still quite challenging, but they don't get quite as "in-your-face" as some others. Also, Mousin' Around has the look of a lost alphanumeric-era classic to it, so I tried to sneak it into the lineup somehow.

June: Cyclone & Road Show: This is the quintessential "summer pack" to me. What could be more emblematic of summer vacation than road trips and rollercoasters? I thought about Roller Coaster Tycoon here, but it's a non-quintessential table with an ancillary license, so I think it will get sent to the backburner, if FarSight indeed are working on it at all.

July: Terminator 2: FarSight's T2 Kickstarter should succeed, since they're now a known factor on Kickstarter, and I think this one lands right in the thick of popcorn movie time. I held off on including T3: Rise of the Machines, as that table doesn't have Steve Ritchie's name attached to it quite as prominently in most pinheads' minds, but we could certainly see it at some later date.

August: Black Knight 2000 & Jack*Bot: As summer winds down, you inevitably find yourself rushing to do all those cool things you haven't quite gotten around to. FarSight will prove no exception with this August sequels pack, wrapping up some of pinball's most beloved original series. If FarSight have gotten around to releasing High Speed by this point, then High Speed II could make an appearance here, assuming it hasn't already.

September: Champion Pub & Haunted House: We have some great pins to look forward to in the fall if I got these predictions right. Why not observe Oktoberfest like only pinheads can with Champion Pub or get an early start on Halloween with Haunted House? This is something of a "breather" pack, but that's only because next month will be a real killer...

October: The Addams Family: FarSight can't ignore the fans forever. Expect a Kickstarter for TAF around June or July, hot on the heels of their success with T2. We'll probably see 2 Kickstarters a year for TPA, since FarSight have had such success with them so far.

November: Pinball Magic & Space Invaders: With Thanksgiving on the horizon (at least for our American fans), this pack should give TPA fans plenty to be thankful for. Capcom's underrated pinball premiere, Pinball Magic, truly lives up to its name, while Space Invaders would be perfectly timed for that seminal game's 35th anniversary.

December: Big Bang Bar & Big Guns: We all like to think big during the holidays, so why not have FarSight help us out with that? Big Guns is a truly unheralded classic and Big Bang Bar could well be the most well-known rare table in all of pinball. Wouldn't it be something for this to be the last gift under the tree before Apple shutter the App Store for the holidays?

I made these predictions before seeing PiN WiZ's post, so I probably missed my guess on a few of these. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
CC13: awesome write up dude. I really enjoyed reading that.

Cept you forgot about Centaur, which was confirmed in a Bobby interview.

Don't worry homey I got that covered.

Ahem.

December 21st 2012: Centaur and Xenon. Turns out the Mayans are right and in two weeks the world will indeed end. Except instead of a massive solar storm or a meteorite it is in fact Centaur who rises up and takes over the earth. To mark the occasion Farsight is releasing this pack. Together with help from Xenon you must obtain the power orbs and save humanity. The perfect treat to celebrate the rise of Centaur and the extinction of the human race, enjoy post apocalypse with these two strange, creepy as hell but awesome tables.

One more thing I'm like 90% sure Richie designed t3 or at least had a hand in its development.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts