Weird, Scary, downright Unsettling Pins

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Ill start. 1: Centaur. From the ambient music to the sound effects and of course that reverbed voice, this table is the stuff nightmares are made of. You know it's funny, the 80s in general something just was just...scary about this decade. I mean look at movies like The Fly remake or Howard the Duck just to name a few, Gremlins even or Childs Play or Scanners the gruesome, scary effects. Hell the animatronics at chucky cheese. I think Satan secretly controlled this decade, and no pinball captured that scary 80s vibe quite like Centaur.

#2: Xenon. Not quite as unsettling as Centaur, Xenon still has quite the presence to it. We owned one growing up and when u leave it on without playing for a while it makes the strangest voice sound you've ever heard. To this day I have no idea what it's saying. Sounds like "try peasheeeuuuum" or something. The scariest, the scariest though, is when the table "crashes". You'd only hear this noise if you had a busted Xenon... When it shorts out and resets it makes a sound like nothing you've ever heard. I can't describe it other than to say its WEIRD, like the sound effect you would expect to hear if you were to travel down an accidental inter dimensional rift in the vacuum of space on some alien world.

#3 Funhouse. Rudy. Making small children cry since 1990.

More fellas. More! I want to discover more creepy scary weird pins! Please share your knowledge.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
cant say ive found many ive played creepy

scared stiff with family mode turned off in public?

rudy i hate id headbutt him if i could but that be expensive maybe a printout would be somewhat cathartic?

ummm surpirsed i cant think of a better answer

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
My daughter will not let me play Funhouse in her presence. My daughter will not let me mention Funhouse in her presence. My daughter will not go in the row of the arcade that has a Funhouse in it.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I love the weird freaky tables! Xenon and Gorgar are my favorite of all time. Tables like Nightmare on Elm Street scares me though. I guess any pin that has interactive heads in it is scary to me. Road show is really unsettling for me, I don't even like playing it.

A few weeks ago I was looking on pin locator or something and found a place nearby that supposedly had several tables. Took me a while to find it, but the game room was in a basement area and it was all dark. The door was unlocked so I went in. There were a few arcade games and in the corner was a Funhouse. All the games were off and there wasn't a sign of life anywhere, so I poked around to try and see if I could find the switch or breaker or plug or something to get it going. It was pretty dark so I used my phone to light up the Funhouse table and take a look at the condition of it. Rudy was looking particularly creepy with his eyes shut and mouth open, ready to get a ball popped in there. I pushed the start button and said to myself "so sleepy..." Laughing to myself, I climbed under the table and looked for the cord and saw it was plugged in, which meant the power was cut to the game room. All of a sudden I got a real chill and felt scared, maybe because I realized I was in the corner, on the floor, under a pinball table in the basement of a strange place. So I jumped up and kinda giggled for feeling like a little girl at that moment. I shined my phone back down on the Funhouse table and, I swear, Rudy now had his eyes wide open and mouth closed. I pushed the start buton real quick and ran outta there!

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
My daughter will not let me play Funhouse in her presence. My daughter will not let me mention Funhouse in her presence. My daughter will not go in the row of the arcade that has a Funhouse in it.

That just made me love Funhouse even more!

Not that I have anything against your daughter, of course, but the very fact that it actually creeps out kids just makes it even more awkwardly delightful.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Shutyertrap pointed this one out before and I agree the midget is freaky! so were the 80's though.
GENESIS
image-11-1.jpg

Last edited:

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
As a 4 year old my parents used to sit me outside the arcade in one of those helicopters which went up and down. They used to load it up with 10p's to keep me happy so they could play Gorgar without me crying because the voice & heartbeat freaked me out!! :)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I find Cyclone creepy. I should say the clown is creepy....very creepy. But it's still one of my favorites of all time. But I try not to look the clown in the eyes. I think he does bad things to kids behind the big top.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Strangely, my daughter just finds Gorgar amusing. An enormous grinning red horned devil with a pit of poisonous snakes who menaces mostly-naked barbarians is apparently not half as frightening as an animate ventriloquism figure. And I can kind of understand that.

N

Nik Barbour

My 3 year old (who also loves pinball) was playing on the floor with his trains today, whilst I was having a game of 'Sorcerer' (Williams Classics xbox) sat next to him, when he suddenly shouted "The eyes are scary - I don't like the eyes".
Poor kid - there are 2 light up eyes on the back wall of the table, which creep him out. Yet he doesn't mind Rudy or Gorgar!

Last edited:

Members online

Members online