Tables freeze on end of games when no data connection or wifi

moparmaniac

Dec 8, 2012
Could anyone tell me if they are having issues with the tables freezing at the end of a game if there is no data connection?

If I'm on Wifi at home, it works great.

At work I do not have access to wifi and my tablet doesn't have a 3g/4g connection.

To test this I turned off wifi at home...sure enough it froze. Turn on wifi it starts working again.

Help?

I assume it's trying to connect to post a score, but surely it should be able to work offline?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Are you marked as logged in as far as the app is concerned. That is, is the Logout button displayed on the table select menu when you have no connection?

If that is the case it might be this null AP state that is causing the game to misbehave at posting time.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I tested this on a Asus TF700 (stock Android 4.1.1) with a negative confirmation. Wifi was off and and I was able to complete all tables and return to the table or main menus.

I tried it "logged in" to test jaredmorgs theory, but I cannot duplicate it either logged in or off.

Perhaps you need to make sure all your firmware is up to date

moparmaniac

Dec 8, 2012
Are you marked as logged in as far as the app is concerned. That is, is the Logout button displayed on the table select menu when you have no connection?

If that is the case it might be this null AP state that is causing the game to misbehave at posting time.

I checked it and it is showing Login. I hit login and select login as Guest and it froze at the end of a game. Turned on WI-FI and continued on as normal.

I will keep testing some more things..and Might try reinstalling too.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I checked it and it is showing Login. I hit login and select login as Guest and it froze at the end of a game. Turned on WI-FI and continued on as normal.

I will keep testing some more things..and Might try reinstalling too.

Good luck with your testing!

Tom92

May 7, 2012
Same behaviour over here on HP Touchpad running CM9. With no 3G-connection via Wi-Fi or tethered hotspot I have to wait almost a minute before TPA shows the highscores. No matter if Wi-Fi is enabled or not. But as soon as there is internet availability it runs as usual.
No problems on Samsung Galaxy i9000 because 3G is always available.
The problem occured with the recent update 1.0.8.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
These sound like installation or device driver problems, not bugs. Complete re-installation would be a good idea, as the OP has already suggestion. Don't forget the to delete cache and app data. You will also need to reload all your tables again, but no biggie there. You will lose your local high score. table goal and Hall of Fame data, but it cleared up the problem for me when I was beta testing 1.8.0.

Let us know how it goes

mc_mc

Dec 23, 2012
I was experiencing this on my Toshiba AT300 tablet. Connected via Wifi to a router, but the router drops the connection occasionally (it it's a not very good router!) when the connection has been lost and I drain my last ball everything freezes for 30 seconds, presumably it's trying to upload the score etc. Interestingly the tablet says it's connected to wifi it just doesn't work when you try and actualy connect to anything.
Turning off Wifi fixes the problem. Maybe this internet access could be done in a different background thread so the GUI doesn't freeze up or at least put up the spinning updating scores notification whilst it's happening?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
sometimes "forgetting" the wifi connection and reconnecting fixes weird issues like this. Its rare on our end and we cannot figure out what is causing the issue.

Omar_DmX

Sep 1, 2014
Hello, sorry for bumping an old thread, but I was having this exact same problem lately and I found what's causing the freezes, it was the VPN I was using "opera max" I disabled it and the problem is fixed. So make sure you're not using a vpn when playing TPA. Hope this helps.

Members online

Members online