TZ speed

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
So, TZ is a lot of fun, but it seems that the ball moves a little too slow. I am a RBION player only and maybe you can say that my opinion is skewed. So I would like to see the ball move a little faster. After playing RBION, TZ seems like it is in slow motion. Are these diferences comparable in real life? Do some balls move faster than others in the real tables?

night

May 18, 2012
So, TZ is a lot of fun, but it seems that the ball moves a little too slow. I am a RBION player only and maybe you can say that my opinion is skewed. So I would like to see the ball move a little faster. After playing RBION, TZ seems like it is in slow motion. Are these diferences comparable in real life? Do some balls move faster than others in the real tables?

I only played TZ in demo mode as I have ball stutter problems. I thought the slow speed was caused by the stutter problems..

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012

You're not crazy. It's definitely MUCH slower than other tables on iOS. Here's hoping they fix that for the consoles..but not holding my breath

Arcflup

May 19, 2012
I find my real TZ to be a slow player, powerball excepted, mind you it does sit between AFM and BK2K :)

tcvpin

Dec 3, 2012
You're not crazy. It's definitely MUCH slower than other tables on iOS. Here's hoping they fix that for the consoles..but not holding my breath

Definitely noticed it was slower when I played the free version but it seemed to get faster after I bought the table.

This is actually something I find a little frustrating and/or mystical about virtual tables. I understand nothing about trying to program real world ball physics. With a physical table, there are only so many things you can adjust to increase ball speed and those things can be measured. For instance, can't an operator raise the back of the table a bit? That would be measurable. But programming pinball is a big black box. What's going on under the hood? No clue. Maybe the ball is slower in the free version. Maybe it's faster in the pay version. I've no clue and even if Farsight were to explain what they're doing, I couldn't independently verify anything so I'd have to take their word for it to some degree.

In the perfect program, I suppose, you'd be able to control the ball all the time, meaning Farsight can make the ball do whatever it wants whenever it wants. Yes, I am approaching paranoia. Farsight killed Kennedy!!!!

night

May 18, 2012
Definitely noticed it was slower when I played the free version but it seemed to get faster after I bought the table.

This is actually something I find a little frustrating and/or mystical about virtual tables. I understand nothing about trying to program real world ball physics. With a physical table, there are only so many things you can adjust to increase ball speed and those things can be measured. For instance, can't an operator raise the back of the table a bit? That would be measurable. But programming pinball is a big black box. What's going on under the hood? No clue. Maybe the ball is slower in the free version. Maybe it's faster in the pay version. I've no clue and even if Farsight were to explain what they're doing, I couldn't independently verify anything so I'd have to take their word for it to some degree.

In the perfect program, I suppose, you'd be able to control the ball all the time, meaning Farsight can make the ball do whatever it wants whenever it wants. Yes, I am approaching paranoia. Farsight killed Kennedy!!!!

I don't think TZ will be faster when you buy it, you play the exact same game in demo mode, there is only a score limit. Just a piece of simple unlock code which will change when you buy it. But that's my guess, not going to buy anything before Fairsight fixes the ball stutter issue.

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
I documented in the TZ forum a bug where logged in play to Farsight played slower than not logged in from an overall perspective not just ball stutter when things get busy.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.