Votes: 29 23.6%
  • Big Shot

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Twilight Zone

Votes: 66 53.7%

• Total voters

Judi Chop

May 10, 2012
I thought it would be fun now that the end of the year is here to see what tables have been the favorites. Put up your top 5 and lets see which have made the biggest impact so far.

Last edited:

Iain

Jul 28, 2012
Monster Bash is my favorite table and the one I keep going back to time after time, I think that Medieval Madness and Scared Stiff would be my next two favorites and then probably Creature From the Black Lagoon and Theatre of Magic filling my top five although another half dozen tables could probably sneak into 4th or 5th place depending on what I'm playing most at the time.

The only tables I'm not too fussed about and dont really play are, Black Hole and Funhouse and I must admit after all I have read and heard about, Twilight Zone, I have been a little disappointed with that table and I definitely find it a little overrated personally.

In general TBA has just been awesome and I just hope they keep these great tables coming for the next year.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Kind of hard to vote for a table not released on my platform and even worse for XBOX thats alot of missing votes

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
It's weird. I love MM as a game but I somehow find the TPA version oddly unsatisfying. TZ is no longer the challenging pin I once loved (and the Powerball is screwed on my iPad). In the end I went with TotAN, ToM, BoP, Taxi and MB - both as great games and good/great TPA versions.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
It's weird. I love MM as a game but I somehow find the TPA version oddly unsatisfying.

That's how I feel with Scared Stiff. I love the real table, but the TPA version isn't top 5... probably barely makes top 10.

N

Nik Barbour

There aren't any I would be without, and I've bought them all on two platform's now, but........

Voted for in order of the most played...
TZ, BK, BS, RBION & BOP

I wish BK was better scripted (xbox Williams Classics is much better & you can see the upper level) but it still gets played on Android.

People will argue about BOP, but I love that feeling when you're welcomed to the billionaire club, and quite enjoy the repetitiveness after a stressful days work.

Ripleys was a slow starter, but gets the most xbox play lately.

Only one I really don't like, and never have is Tales.

Last edited:

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Not me but I'd take HD over BS any day.

As much as I hate EM tables, I still think I'd take one over HD. I don't know why Stern even bothered making it lol. And of all the earlier Sterns they could have chosen from (Monopoly, RCT, hell even WOF) I can't figure out what possessed them to choose HD.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I really only have one complaint about HD. I seem to end up in Video Mode every couple of minutes. I get so sick of it half the time I just let myself crash. Other than that I don't think it's as horrible as some say.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Yes!!! Same here (vid mode). The reason I hate it is its lack of depth. It's just three shots repeated over and over until you get multiball. Meh. And the flippers feel more sluggish on it compared to other tables on PS

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
Yeah, the video mode is lousy and much too frequent... I rarely ever care for the video modes in pinball tables, though.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Yeah, the video mode is lousy and much too frequent... I rarely ever care for the video modes in pinball tables, though.

I agree. To me, video mode always felt like a sort of tacked-on attraction that was put in place to try to slow the shift toward video games in arcades.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Top 5?
No good Gofers
Medieval Madness
Taxi
Theater of magic
Monster Bash

Figured TZ would lead the way. I haven't delved into Twilight Zone Because it's not available on the PS3 yet. I've played the demo on my Samsung Galaxy 3 but the screen is way too small to really get what's going on.

Top 5 is mostly Williams tables which isn't surprising as I love their tables.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Gorgar more popular than Black Knight? I'm surprised to see that, maybe due to the PS3 version being crummy?

Poor Harley Davidson :(. The table nobody asked for lol.

Scared Stiff deserves more votes as does Party Monsters but I'll admit it they didn't quite make my cut for top 5 either. For as much love as Richie and Lawlor get I personally think John Papadiuk or George Gomez tables deserve just as much praise, and I'm happy to see I'm not alone.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
I'm not surprised by the top four, but the next few are shocking. CftBL is amusing, but it's way too easy to be a top table. I suppose it is pretty high on the IPDB list. I'm pleasantly surprised to see Big Shot, currently at position seven. I would have guessed that people would have been turned off by both the difficulty and the lack of modern bells and whistles.

Here's hoping that this bodes well for the release of more old tables, such as Eight Ball Deluxe, Aztec, Big Indian, Royal Flush and Spirit of 76. There is some quality gameplay in these older tables.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Looks like I'm pretty much liking what most people are liking, except where's the love for Funhouse? :D I didn't care for it much in Williams Collection but the PS3 TPA version has definitely grown on me quite a bit.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Its a pity we couldn't vote on our complete order preference rather than just top 5, HD could be number 6 on everyones list :D. Seriously though it would be a lot more acurate.

Members online

Members online