iOS - Request Multitasking

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Would it be possible to add multitasking? If I look at a game manual and come back to TPA app, it starts up all over again, even if I'm out of the app for 10 seconds. Is it just my device, or do all of the iOS devices not have multitasking?

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Sometimes when I exit out it restarts, sometimes it doesn't, no rhyme or reason from what I can tell. Even if I let the ipad go to sleep on its own with the game running it can go either way.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
My iPad 3 has multitasking issues, and will sometimes crash if the device falls asleep due to inactivity. The crash can lose all table goals.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Yeah, if I lock the device while TPA is paused, and when I unlock it, the app closes and goes straight to the home screen. Would be great if they could fix that.

tcvpin

Dec 3, 2012
I've noticed this all, too.

You guys may simply want to try closing more background apps. (Even those in the tray.) iOS will kill any app it deems necessary-to-kill when it needs resources. I don't know all the goings on behind the scenes, but I think resource intensive apps would get the boot quicker than others.

All speculation.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
I've noticed this all, too.

You guys may simply want to try closing more background apps. (Even those in the tray.) iOS will kill any app it deems necessary-to-kill when it needs resources. I don't know all the goings on behind the scenes, but I think resource intensive apps would get the boot quicker than others.

All speculation.
I usually kill all the apps and restart the device before playing and it still goes straight to the home screen if I lock the device or exit and come back to the app.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's definitely a problem with the game; I've never had issues like this with any other game.

I sent James a ton of crash logs the other day, so hopefully he'll have a chance to look at them and figure out the issue. If you guys want to send me your logs, I can pass them on to him. Just DM me and I'll give you my email address so you can send them to me.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
This issue has been there since day 1, I just assumed they would get around to fixing it, I guess it's in the same bug list as Cirqus Voltairs many issues.

LordKthulu

Oct 24, 2012
It hasn't been there since day one, it only started happening around Table Pack 5 & 6 for me. I'm pretty confident that it's a bug and they are aware of it.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm sure it's never worked 100% of the time for me, it's worse than ever now but it's always been unreliable for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.