Oh come on! This is just rude to your customers

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
(iOS version)

At what point will the bug to bug free time become so one sided that the Devs might spend some real quality time fixing them over a new table. Please just dedicate one month!

Today in just 2 hours on scared stiff I hit the following
Ball through flipper. (multiple times)
Ball lost on monster multiball. Leaving me stuck after all balls drained. Call atendant useless as always. Tilt no help either. End result. Lost a 155m game with 3 balls remaining. Had to reset app. 2 achievements lost.
App failed to bring up highscore entry HUD to enter SS score. Resulting in blank entry after timeout
Game failed to bring up menu after game over forcing me to close app. Result lost 100m game. SS score and 3 achievements.

The collision issue has been there from day 1. How many more months do we have to wait or a fix for what should be the key feature of a pinball game ffs!!

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
From what I've heard, MB is one of the buggiest tables on TPA. Right now, I've been playing MM and TOTAN with great results on my 4G touch.

But yeah, they definitely need to fix the bugs.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
How does stuff like getting hung up on the name entry screen get past testing?

I don't own mb yet but that's just sad. It's so old there's actually a 360 version, and your telling me it's screwed up?

I say take a month off, two if you have to, and just seriously hammer out serious bug fixes.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
(iOS version)
App failed to bring up highscore entry HUD to enter SS score. Resulting in blank entry after timeout
Game failed to bring up menu after game over forcing me to close app. Result lost 100m game. SS score and 3 achievements.

I fixed the ball through the flipper today.

These other 2 issues, did they happen while playing a multiplayer game or did you quit a previous game in the middle?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012

Nov 13, 2012
I've had Scared Stiff not show the high score UI in regular mod (I also own the pro table, but wasn't playing in pro mode). Basically I could move the cursor through the alphabet pushing the left or right side of the screen, but there were no buttons showing, so couldn't enter any initials.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I know of an issue with high score entry not working with a mulitplayer game. I haven't found a safe fix for it yet.

We'll take a look at these to see if we can reproduce.

night

May 18, 2012
Be sure not to forget to solve the ball stutter problems for iPad2 iOS6 owners. Many tables have been affected. It has been like this for months... Thank you very much.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Talk about being ungrateful as a consumer...

Mike here is working on solving whatever issues there are. FarSight isn't a big company - anyone who's worked as a coder should know how easily issues like this can occur without anyone catching them during beta. I don't see the relation to "being rude to your customers" at all, but I guess complaining is always the easy way out.
Hell, an employee who's working hands-on on the game, taking part in forum threads and addressing the issues, like you see here, is customer care at its best.

night

May 18, 2012
Talk about being ungrateful as a consumer...

Mike here is working on solving whatever issues there are. FarSight isn't a big company - anyone who's worked as a coder should know how easily issues like this can occur without anyone catching them during beta. I don't see the relation to "being rude to your customers" at all, but I guess complaining is always the easy way out.
Hell, an employee who's working hands-on on the game, taking part in forum threads and addressing the issues, like you see here, is customer care at its best.

Where are you talking about? I can't play more than half of the tables I bought because of the issues I have. No FarSight employee ever commented on these issues. I payed for those tables, I supported FarSight. Not a word from FarSight, not a peep. iOS6 camera and ball stutter problems, thank you.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Night,
I don't think Sumez was talking about you. I think he was talking about the original poster. I have an iPad Mini which is pretty much the same as the iPad 2 and share the same issues you have so I feel your pain.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Yeah, was referring to the OP

You can't blame me for being annoyed after losing all that I mentioned. I also didn't mention that I've lost achievements on other tables before as well. Anyone who's lost lots of hard win achievements and scores will know how frustrating it is.
I also happen to work in the industry and So I know first hand how hard game development is and how many pressures there are from all angles. However I practice what I preach and always push to resolve post release issues ASAP. My issue with the flipper bug isn't that it made it out but the length of time it took to fix given its v.v.high rate of occurance and high impact it has given flippers are the main control system of pinball.

With that said I'd like to thank Mike for the flipper fix and for posting here to help solve my issues. I can tell you i wasn't in a multiplayer game but I probably had restarted mid game at some point as I often don't bother playing out games that clearly aren't going anywhere.

I also appologise for the aggressive tone in my OP. I was upset but I should have waited until I had calmed down before posting.

Pod

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I back up my setting for Pinball Arcade all the time, and I suggest others do it as well. This is one of the most annoying bugs in the game for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts