New Tables from Pinball FX2 hit XBOX

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
I will check it out later, not spent much time on FX2 since TPA but i got a fistful of Microsoft points waisting away.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah, 1th place on the tesla leaderboards! :cool:
Great table, but it's way too easy to activate the ball saver.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Yeah, 1th place on the tesla leaderboards! :cool:
Great table, but it's way too easy to activate the ball saver.

Thus the reason that pinball purist don't like zen tables that much. I's say most all of Zen tables have that problem. It's just too easy to keep the ball in play sometimes. The same can be said for El Dorado. You can keep the multiball going for a very long time with little to show for it. The best way to score is to complete all the missions.

Personally I love Zen pinball. I play Zen much more that TPA. I just wish the ball didnt' have so much weight. It's too easy to control the ball. Still though the different take on pinball and table design is top notch. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us come 2013.

N

Nik Barbour

I quite enjoy Zen for different reasons to TPA.
If you said choose one, and all the TPA tables were available for xbox, I'd choose TPA no worries.
But... You have to admire the polish and quality of Zen. The originality of the table design and that they do look after their customers well.

Just bought this new pack tonight so only had a quick go on each. They look good though.

I've been buying up the non Marvel tables bit by bit (Don't like these - i do have a couple), so only ones I haven't got now (and probably won't) are ms splosion, street fighter, and the original 4 from pbfx - buccaneer etc.

Love 'Excalibur' the most (+ this is the only virtual table my wife will play). Also probably not a popular choice, but I like 'Nightmare Mansion' too - brain in off position, some good loud rock music, de-stress after work.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I quite enjoy Zen for different reasons to TPA.
If you said choose one, and all the TPA tables were available for xbox, I'd choose TPA no worries.
But... You have to admire the polish and quality of Zen. The originality of the table design and that they do look after their customers well.

Just bought this new pack tonight so only had a quick go on each. They look good though.

I've been buying up the non Marvel tables bit by bit (Don't like these - i do have a couple), so only ones I haven't got now (and probably won't) are ms splosion, street fighter, and the original 4 from pbfx - buccaneer etc.

Love 'Excalibur' the most (+ this is the only virtual table my wife will play). Also probably not a popular choice, but I like 'Nightmare Mansion' too - brain in off position, some good loud rock music, de-stress after work.

If you don't like the marvel tables I really do suggest you pick Fantastic four and fear itself. I think they are really good tables. Fantastic four has has stacked multiball mayhem that I never knew this table had. Sign multiball, Fantastic Four ball and Clobbering Time multiball stacked is really cool. Noy to mention some interesting missions variety with only 5 missions (Dr Doom included) Fear Itself is really a gem IMO. The missions can be challenging and getting to wizard mode can be tough. One of the tougher tables of the Marvel pack next to Iron Man, and Civil War. All 3 require accurate shots.

Needless to say the only tables I play on TPA is Medieval Madness, Monster bash, No good gofers, more often than most. Twilight Zone and Star Trek might change things up but it's not released yet for the PS3. Even so TZ doesn't impress me even the demo on my SG3.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Does this mean the PS3 will be getting some of those tables that were only on Xbox previously, since they're only now getting what we've had for years?

N

Nik Barbour

If you don't like the marvel tables I really do suggest you pick Fantastic four and fear itself. I think they are really good tables. Fantastic four has has stacked multiball mayhem that I never knew this table had. Sign multiball, Fantastic Four ball and Clobbering Time multiball stacked is really cool. Noy to mention some interesting missions variety with only 5 missions (Dr Doom included) Fear Itself is really a gem IMO. The missions can be challenging and getting to wizard mode can be tough. One of the tougher tables of the Marvel pack next to Iron Man, and Civil War. All 3 require accurate shots.

Needless to say the only tables I play on TPA is Medieval Madness, Monster bash, No good gofers, more often than most. Twilight Zone and Star Trek might change things up but it's not released yet for the PS3. Even so TZ doesn't impress me even the demo on my SG3.

Thanks for the tips mate!
The missus is out with her mates tomorrow night, so I shall go with your suggestions and spend a few MS points I've had doing nothing for a while (and maybe some Chinese takeout as I babysit.)

I have all the demo's downloaded but you can't play for long enough to get a good feel really.

Civil War did look tempting too!

N

Nik Barbour

Does this mean the PS3 will be getting some of those tables that were only on Xbox previously, since they're only now getting what we've had for years?

I saw some discussions about this on the Zen forum yesterday when I was trying to make up my mind to buy the latest pack or not.

The gist went.....
PS3 owners felt short changed & vocalised, a couple of xbox players took the pi$$ and got threatened with exclusion, every one appologised. One of the mods implied, they couldn't say anything, but the ultimate goal was for all to have access to all the tables.

I think Ms Splosion was the exception (Don't know why).

Sounds like they are trying to work through this though.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
I saw some discussions about this on the Zen forum yesterday when I was trying to make up my mind to buy the latest pack or not.

The gist went.....
PS3 owners felt short changed & vocalised, a couple of xbox players took the pi$$ and got threatened with exclusion, every one appologised. One of the mods implied, they couldn't say anything, but the ultimate goal was for all to have access to all the tables.

I think Ms Splosion was the exception (Don't know why).

Sounds like they are trying to work through this though.

That sounds about right from what I've seen there. Also, I would just like to note that the reason Ms. 'Splosion Man won't make the FX-to-Zen jump is that Ms. 'Splosion Man is a Microsoft Studios property (the original developer, Twisted Pixel Games, got bought out late last year); this is also why Zen's Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma Tribute won't be gracing XBLA any time soon (the Sigma branch of Ninja Gaiden is affiliated with Sony). As for the tables themselves, I like them pretty well. The instructions are completely unhelpful, but hopefully, ShoryukenToTheChin will fix that soon with some table guides.

The main flaw of the pack, IMO, is how kludgey starting missions is in three of the four tables. For El Dorado, Shaman and Tesla, you have to, respectively:
-Shoot a set of two drop targets, then shoot the ball into the idol's mouth, then repeat the process 2-3 times,
-Shoot one of two drop holes to lower the center ramp, make a shot up the center ramp within 10 seconds to go to the upper playfield, spell ELEMENT & select a mission by shooting the respective target
-and shoot the ball into a Magna-Flip field, hit six drop targets and then either Magna-Flip the ball up into the mission ramp or let it fall down the right habitrail to change missions.

V12's missions are much easier to start (simply shoot the mission hole), but V12 is a fairly bad design to me—the upper playfield is far too crowded for my tastes and only having the one flipper up there is just cruel! Still, all four tables are pretty fun and I highly recommend the Zen Classics pack to anybody who has an CBox 370 with Pinball FX2 on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts