Anyone consider leaving 360 for WiiU? (re: TPA)

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
I just bought the fam a WiiU for Christmas. I admit 50% of the decision was based on me potentially replacing the Xbox with the WiiU (for TPA - not necessarily other non-family games). Everything I'm hearing says the Wii eStore will not require the lengthy approval processes the other platforms currently employ. So the prospect of having all patches/tables without delay is certainly making me think about how to proceed.

I'm wondering if there are any trade-offs between Xbox TPA and WiiU TPA that I haven't considered? Seems like a no-lose transition. (Aside from the money I've already spent on Xbox TPA).

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I wouldn't necessarily say leave 360 for the WiiU for TPA. Although it sounds like TPA will look and play the best on the WiiU, the 360 version is still the best version and has held up pretty great. I for one will not be doing that. I will get the WiiU version and keep supporting the 360 version. Outside of this dlc thing, nothing negative has really come up.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Not gonna buy a WiiU just to play TPA. Our XBox was primarily purchased for Kinect games. I'm more likely to break down and get the Mac version if I want a bigger screen, though I understand that has problems of its own.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Yeah I'm not running out tomorrow to get one, because we haven't even seen video yet of the Wii U version. It could end up being worse than the PS3 version for all we know.

Though for other reasons, like New Super Mario, it's definitely worth owning.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Naw, I suppose some time this century the 360 will get new DLC......Hopefully?

While I'm leaning towards the WiiU, I'm open to any system that allows FarSight to regularly update PA, and allows for big-screen play. Honestly, how can I support FarSight if they can't release new tables on a particular sysyem?

FarSight has overextended itself and something's got to give IMO.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I wouldn't necessarily say leave 360 for the WiiU for TPA. Although it sounds like TPA will look and play the best on the WiiU, the 360 version is still the best version and has held up pretty great. I for one will not be doing that. I will get the WiiU version and keep supporting the 360 version. Outside of this dlc thing, nothing negative has really come up.

What's making the DLC issue worse is the fact that no one knows if or when new content will come. FarSight needs to stop messing with our minds in regards to the 360 version, but they will not. (PC owners can also attest to this.)

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
I actually am quite confident we'll see more TPA DLC for the 360 sooner than later. My bigger concern is the 360 patch/DLC process. The rumored $40000 submission fee, the unknown approval time, the rumored non-monthly DLC... If the 360 platform is going to be behind, well, FOREVER, then it makes sense to cut my losses and move to WiiU.

I definitely prefer to demo it on WiiU first. A bunch of people here were raving about how great it felt to play the older FS pinball titles on Wii. Certainly peaks my interest re: TPA on WiiU.

For me the WiiU was originally more for "the family" (specifically Mario), but once I began to consider migrating TPA from 360 to WiiU, the purchase was, "escalated" if you will. :)

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
No, but I will for the PC version.

Yeah - I'll be headed to PC as well, but primarily for a cabinet build. But that process could take several months (I don't want to be the first one!) so until all the bumps are ironed out and someone has documented a good build process, the console will be my primary method of play.

N

Nik Barbour

I'm gonna stick it out with the 360.

I keep dropping hints I'd like a Nexus 7 for Christmas (although I don't like my chances - despite having been a good boy all year, and having brought home a good Xmas bonus yesterday).

I already own all tables on Android, so wouldn't have to rebuy anything.
Then when xbox dlc does drop - hallelujah!

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Not me. I've never seen nintendo points cards on sale, while Xbox ones go on sale regularly. I may explore the PS3 now that there were some PSN+ cards for half price. But since the $$ cards have never gone on sale, I don't have anything to buy from the PSN store with. (And no, I don't trust Sony with my credit card or my PSN purchases).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.