Amazon App Store

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I am really getting tired of Amazon lagging behind google Play by three weeks (nearly). I'm curious if any of you guys made the mistake of buying TPA on Amazon, along with several DLCs, before giving up and going to Google? I know this isn't helpful for unrooted Kindle Fire owners, but I have a Nexus 7 that is just BEGGING for Twilight Zone! To bad I already bought TPA on my old Fire, along with 4 DLCs.

Oh My! This is my "virgin" post. No one even bought me dinner.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Welcome to the group Ravager. From what I understand the approval process for the Amazon App store takes longer than the Google Play, this is why there is the delay that you see.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Can't you just side load the latest android build from the forum post Ryan maintains? Bypass the store all together?

Or are Kindles a bit harder to side-load apps to?

N

Nik Barbour

The 'Release build link list' hasn't been maintained unfortunately. It's still at 1.5.0

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
Welcome to the group Ravager. From what I understand the approval process for the Amazon App store takes longer than the Google Play, this is why there is the delay that you see.

Thank you, esp. I have been lurking for about 5 months. Hey I lived in Tucson; graduated from UA (as an old geezer) in 2007. Really miss Arizona.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Unfortunately no he cannot side load the app since they are both in the same package space with different settings (aka both cannot exist on the same machine). I do my best however to make sure that Amazon isn't too far behind Google (usually averages a week baring any failures with the submission process).

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Thank you, esp. I have been lurking for about 5 months. Hey I lived in Tucson; graduated from UA (as an old geezer) in 2007. Really miss Arizona.

Cool to see that someone else is fron Tucson as well. It is nice this time of year being able to just wear a jacket and shorts still.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
originally I bought the 4 table pack on xbox, than a couple tables on android, then i got addicted... now i have all the one's released on xbox, and all the the one's released on android, and if the PC version comes out I'm going to need all of them on there too... if it ends up looking good on the ouya i might buy em all over again a 4th time, and ive been kind of really wanting a retina ipad so im looking at at $25 per month pinball addiction.

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
originally I bought the 4 table pack on xbox, than a couple tables on android, then i got addicted... now i have all the one's released on xbox, and all the the one's released on android, and if the PC version comes out I'm going to need all of them on there too... if it ends up looking good on the ouya i might buy em all over again a 4th time, and ive been kind of really wanting a retina ipad so im looking at at $25 per month pinball addiction.

I feel your "pain". I have bought all available iOS tables, bugs and all, and 12 tables on Android; then I made the mistake of downloading the game to PS3. Holy cow, the lighting is just fantastic...the neon in Circus Voltaire is a real treat. Can't wait for Scared Stiff and Twilight Zone!. (I bought all available tables.) The one place I have not bought Pinball Arcade is my Mac...or Macs, to be precise. I figure I should leave one device available to actually do work on! And yeah, it is a total addiction, but I love it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.