Will this work on HTC EVO single core?

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I have an EVO 4g about a year and a half old. TPA shows up in my market. Played bop on my friend's galaxy s2 and am considering d/ling to my phone to hold me over until iPad/ps3 release. Does anyone here have the game on this phone?

N

Nik Barbour

Should do - I run it on a 1yr old Desire S running Cyanogenmod.

The official requirements are....
At least OS 2.2
Open GL 2.0
Multi-touch
1G CPU
Existing GPU

Its free to download and try anyway and you can play MM with no limits this month.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Thank you Nik, I don't mind the ten bucks. We spend $20-$40 everytime we play real pinball on the weekends. My main concerns are that it is playable on my ancient phone. Plus if I have it on my phone, that means I have it at work. Probably not good.

Stan Smith

Apr 5, 2012
It's working on my EVO, but it's *slow*. Playable, but barely. Granted, I only tried the free table, MM. And it might not be tuned yet, since it was just added.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I grabbed it. Choppy. Some tables are worse than others. Bop and mm are especially hard to play. I figured that might be the case because half the time it is choppy when I'm just scrolling pages. Also, I'm already almost out of space on my phone. These first 6 tables are the first thing I've bought from the marketplace in a year and a half. Oh well. Ipad2 and PS3 are the ones I really want PA for. Thanks for the replies.

N

Nik Barbour

if I have it on my phone, that means I have it at work. Probably not good.

I know what you mean, it does make it tempting to sneak off and have a few games on the quiet!
I tend to play at dinner time though, beats the hell out of solitaire on the company CAD PC!
give it a try - I would recommend running a task killer first on an older phone. I've got one called "mobo task killer " which has a function where you can shake your phone during the pinball game if things slow up and perform a task kill whilst playing!

N

Nik Barbour

Should have thought of this earlier, but a bit hung over with today being a holiday and all! (Wolfblass - Red Label's fault)!
Latest android version 1.0.5 has a glitch in where it can run choppy (especially BOP and MM) until you perform this work around.....
Start game, hit options, switch HUD off, resume game, hit options , switch HUD on, resume game - should improve performance.
Alternatively, switch HUD off altogether for improved speed on an old phone.
Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Thanks Nik. Even with the HUD off there is very slight choppiness and a bit of lag on the flippers (mm and bop). This phone is almost 2 years old and I never ran games on it. Like i said, even scrolling webpages is choppy so I didn't expect it to even work at all. Just waiting for the 2 yr contract to be up. Playing on my gf's galaxy S2 epic is very smooth though. just played a real bop for the first time 3 weeks ago and couldn't wait to try it lol. Did I mention I'm 46? LOL. I haven't been this excited about anything since I ordered a spy decoder ring from a cereal box in like 1974.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts