needs optomized for the new generation of 1080p phone screens, pics inside

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I picked up the new HTC DNA which boasts an amazing 1080x1920 pixel screen at an extremely impressive 440 dots per inch measuring 5 inches diagonally. It's the first of many phones to offer this resolution so small. however Samsung, LG, and several other brands already have planned phones coming out with the same screen and in the very near future this 1080p screen will be the norm of the new android smart phones.

Pinball Arcade looks very nice on the DNA screen, you can see all the little details with no muddy texturing (that would be due to textures trying to fit into areas with not enough pixels). Pinball Arcade sure does look pretty on that little screen but it has some menu scaling issues and such that need a little fixing.

First up the menu's are all scaling so small that it makes it near impossible to press things, constantly you press an option and it selects the option above of below what you meant to press on the menu because they are so close to each other. It's also very hard to read these menu's comfortably. And it's especially annoying trying to read all the tables instruction so tiny. Also the in game buttons are way to small, it is a struggle to get the pause or camera angle to change, I seem to press the area of the button over and over until it finally registers it on that teeny tiny button. That goes for manga saves and troll bombs too. I would like for the Score board/DMD to be just a little bigger as well. Other than that one smaller issue is that Pinball Arcade does not use the full screen estate of the phone, it leaves a black space at the bottom of the screen. Ive noticed some apps do this and some don't, but I would prefer it if pinball arcade could use the whole area. (the facebook app has that same black space but clicking it brings up options, where as clicking it does nothing in pinball arcade, most games use the full screen)

All in all Pinball Arcade looks so much better on here than my last phone or anyone's phone I have ever seen! And I look forward to seeing it look even better once it gets optimized :) thanks farsight for making such an awesome game

01.png

02.png

03.png

Last edited:
N

netizen

These are things I encounter on my Nexus 10 as well. AFAIK FS is aware of these things

Have you tried using the device in Landscape perspective to navigate those menus? The menus seem to be mapped correctly when viewed that way on my N10 where I encounter buttons that aren't mapped right in Portrait.

I know it's not a fix, but it gets functionality and access to those menu choices until changes have been made.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts