Request Allow removal of jet bumper barrier in the pro menu

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Title says it all.

I think this would make everyone happy. It would also go a long way towards making the table harder for those who want it.

Besides, I think the people that would want to remove the barrier are they types that would purchase the pro menu regardless, and if not, it's just another incentive to upgrade. ;)

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
A websearch for "jet bumper barrier" only brings me back to this thread. So much for research. Would someone please explain what this is... or was?

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
A websearch for "jet bumper barrier" only brings me back to this thread. So much for research. Would someone please explain what this is... or was?

In the jet bumpers, there was a little rubber barrier that protected the ball from draining too easily. It was later removed from production machines and stored inside the cabinet to give owners the option of installing it. Most machines don't have it installed, but it was on the playfield on the TZ that Farsight based their reproduction on, so it showed up in TPA. They removed it due to request in the latest update of TZ.

I personally would still like an option to have it installed in the Pro Menu settings.

Edit: Here's a picture that shows it installed. It's kinda hard to notice, but it's the little post with a rubber on it between the red and yellow bumpers. If you fire up TZ in TPA you'll notice it's not installed.

image-39.jpg

Last edited:

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I'm sure there will be some users complaining that the left outlane is way too hungry now. I suspect the emulated TZ is still easier than the real table, but I haven't played it enough yet to be sure; I used to be able to get Lost In The Zone occasionally on the TPA version, and that's an impossible dream for me on the real one.

At any rate, I'm going to have to modify my strategy and start avoiding the Town Square/Hitchhiker.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Thanks for the extra information Bass Mummy. Interresting story too, about how it ended up in the initial TZ release.

Members online

Members online