Missing Ball Bug

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
So i was playing some TZ. I was at this point on that multi-ball (with only 2 balls at this point) where you hit the piano for the jackpot and then camera to lit the jackpot back. All of a sudden I find myself with only one ball, and my other ball I don't know where it went. You know how it gets on multiball where you don't always remember where everyball is. This reeked of RBION, I just waited for a while for my other ball to see if it poped out of the slot or I don't know. I realize the ball was not coming back, so I kept playing for as long as I could (arount 5mins) and then I drained and our familiar scenario from RBION happened now in TZ. I attach a picture of such awesomeness

10412_10151248630143138_735985264_n.jpg

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Ah, I've run into this a few times... very annoying.

I never reported it because it always happened when I had the ball control on and thought maybe that had something to do with it. But yeah, TZ I don't think is smart enough to issue a new ball - just go through ball search forever (many newer pins will give a new ball to keep play going while on the hunt for the missing one - keep revenue coming in and all).

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Maybe its truly stuck somewhere like behind the magnaflip sign... does that on real tables sometimes....

Nah, if it was truly stuck, the attendant feature would've found it. It most likely fell through the table geometry and disappeared, as in RBION. Like when it passes through flippers, only worse. FarSight needs to come up with a ball count or something to attend to this.

The PHOF collection would occasionally lose a ball out of the table but the program would catch it immediately and give you another. I've never seen TPA do that.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
TPA does detect if the ball falls out of the table - I've seen balls roll onto the floor and TPA issues a new ball in the launcher.

Of course, my virtual arcade floor requires one to watch where they step - it's full of balls that have left their tables (damn you quantum mechanics!).

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
TPA does detect if the ball falls out of the table - I've seen balls roll onto the floor and TPA issues a new ball in the launcher.

Oh wait. You're right. I've actively watched the ball leave and roll across the wall to the right while playing RBION. Nevermind. TPA DOES detect that.

K

Korven

*bump*

Has anyone run into this bug recently?

Had at pretty long game of HD today and didn't get the missing multi ball bug in that game, so I was thinking maybe it's been ironed out in TZ too...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I hit the missing multi ball bug on Harley either yesterday or the day before. So it's still there on iOS, unless it was just a fluke.

K

Korven

Thank you for the reply! Maybe I just got lucky on HD when, won't take the chance on TZ for another update or two.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
eh, an easy workaround is to not play the door multiball. it doesn't really score a significant amount of points once you get to the point of racking up multiple LITZes per game. I haven't encountered this bug because I intentionally drain whenever I get to that mode (or powerball). to me, those modes are more dangerous than single ball because in single ball I have total control, whereas in those multiball modes, there's a decent chance of losing them all at once due to flukey ricochets and general out of controllness.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts