So, let me ask a better question to our insiders...

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Since you guys can't legally tell us anything about release dates, riddle us this: are 360 versions still being actively developed?

Simple as that really.

We know Creature/Black Knight were basically done before this fiasco started. Pre release footage of taxi and harley still said "360 footage" in the description, and while Gofers and Elvira didn't, it still looks like 360 footage and not ps3. Scared Stiff and Twilight Zone could easily have been ps3 or PC footage.

A sub question would be, once these issues are resolved, can we expect to see all the dlc at once in one large update? Or, at least, released closely together?

Thanks.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Since you guys can't legally tell us anything about release dates, riddle us this: are 360 versions still being actively developed?

Simple as that really.

We know Creature/Black Knight were basically done before this fiasco started. Pre release footage of taxi and harley still said "360 footage" in the description, and while Gofers and Elvira didn't, it still looks like 360 footage and not ps3. Scared Stiff and Twilight Zone could easily have been ps3 or PC footage.

A sub question would be, once these issues are resolved, can we expect to see all the dlc at once in one large update? Or, at least, released closely together?

Thanks.

FarSight develops everything, including tables, for The Pinball Arcade on the Xbox 360 which means everything that has been released to date, including bug fixes and improvements, are ready to be submitted to Microsoft once the publishing situation has been rectified. I hope this eases your concerns a bit.

Last edited:

aangel

Jul 7, 2012
Can we expect to see all the dlc at once in one large update? If not, why not? I've waited long enough.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Can we expect to see all the dlc at once in one large update? If not, why not? I've waited long enough.

FarSight may need to collaborate with Microsoft to decide what the best approach will be in delivering the mass amount of content that will be submitted all at once.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Do you guys think the 360 publisher would also be interested in publishing for PC? That would be sweet.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Quite possibly - most publishers do support multiple platforms out of necessity. About the only publishers that don't are the ones owned by the various console manufacturers.

Would solve the embarrassing lack of a PC version considering they've got every other platform out there. Usually as an indie you do the PC version first, then people get interested and you do ports. Rarely do you do the PC platform last...

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Usually as an indie you do the PC version first, then people get interested and you do ports. Rarely do you do the PC platform last...

Usually as an indie you don't have to deal with licenses and their respective holders that demand DRM.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
It is the DRM issue that's giving us the biggest headache on PC.

As Pin Wiz said, we still develop all the tables on Xbox 360 first (for me it's the easiest platform to deal with...actually PC is, but I prefer my devkit to be separate from my debugger/development tool. If the game crashes on PC it could crash your development tools as well. And the Xbox boots up faster after a crash)

I don't know the plan yet on how the content will be released. I imagine we'll submit everything since it's all ready. They may release packs every so many weeks. In the past we have noticed everytime a pack comes out, sales of all packs and base game get a bump. It's really a decision for managment here and Microsoft.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Also, most of our videos are done on Xbox 360, unless it's obvious they were done on a tablet or phone. That may change to PC soon since PC is easier to record off of (fraps vs a capture card that limits resolution and framerate)

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I can understand why a publisher would wait a while between each table pack release. After all, they aren't in it for the charity. Hell, I'd eventually end up buying all of them at some point, and several of the currently missing tables would probably entertain me for a long while each. As long as TZ comes out fast, people will be happy, though personally I'm really anticipating Creature and Scared Stiff.

Members online

Members online