Tournament Mode

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I notice in the operators menu there is a tournament mode setting, does anyone know what this actually adjusts?

Also, if playing in a tournament environment, would you disable the powerball (if that is possible) as it could affect how the next player scores.

N

netizen

That's a good question Carl.

I have seen that TOTAN has the tournament setting as well. IIRC I think ESS does too. I haven't made my way through MM yet to check.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I notice in the operators menu there is a tournament mode setting, does anyone know what this actually adjusts?

Also, if playing in a tournament environment, would you disable the powerball (if that is possible) as it could affect how the next player scores.
In Twilight Zone's Tournament Mode:

• The Camera awards the same sequence of awards to each player, instead of the sequence being held from player to player. The sequence itself is still semi-random. So if Player 1 gets the "10 Hitchhikers" award first, the other three players will get "10 Hitchhikers" as their first award as well.
  • Clock Millions is always the flashing door panel at the start of the game.
  • The Slot Machine is no longer random; it awards the first unlit Door Panel starting with Lite Gumball and proceeding counterclockwise.
You can physically remove the Powerball from a real TZ and have it simulated by the software. When simulated, every second load of the Gumball Machine (per player) starts the "Powerball!" round using one of the steel balls. Reloading the Gumball Machine will start Powerball Mania as normal.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.