great support system

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
this web site(pinballarcadefans) maximizes TPA in a way that no other game can. a few months ago i posted comments critical to the PS3's visual inconsistancies from game to game, it felt like i was talking to the wall, but alas, everyone seems to be onboard now as well as the game designers themselves. what a fantastic tool this web site is. i don't mind the delays on the newest tables, in fact it's a very good thing, just ask yourself this...how often do you play the graphically inferior tables? taking the time to get it right is the way to go! i really hope they fix the two biggest draw backs on two great machines 1) the upper loop camera shot for funhouse 2) the overpronounced BLUE ramps on gofers. other then that, once they correct the graphics on inferior tables like BK, EATPM, gorgar, and CV, playstation fans will be able to enjoy all the machines. i really hope they bring back the tournement option from WPHOF that allowed my wife and i to play a TOURNEMENT in against each other in two player mode(same device, PS3). i have a question about KICKSTARTER... i am not familiar with it, but in all, is it like buying shares? and if so, what is the rate of return? how do i buy? and, does farsight trade on an exchange, have they gone public? please respond.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
agreed on the forum!

kickstarter is a funding program for small or large projects if enough people like the idea the donate, i think heh

but if you want shares i got a bridge that has 2/16ths left;)

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
i forgot to mention one thing about the visual inconsistanceies. TAXI, is far and above the best reproduction of any table thus far, it is spectacular, it couldn't possibly be any better, how can anyone say the colors are washed out? just turn your color down.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Oh my, he's speaking in tongues again ;P

Kickstarter is a platform for (mostly) game developers, on which they can present their ideas and ask people for money. If you put money into a project, this won't allow you to get a share of the projects profits. Rather there are gratifications for different levels of money invested. You might get the game for free, might be part of a closed beta or might even be invited to a dinner with the developers.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
if i was speaking in tounges itd burn your heretical eyeballs out!

i was speaking in jest lol

forgive me op

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Oh my, he's speaking in tongues again ;P

Kickstarter is a platform for (mostly) game developers, on which they can present their ideas and ask people for money. If you put money into a project, this won't allow you to get a share of the projects profits. Rather there are gratifications for different levels of money invested. You might get the game for free, might be part of a closed beta or might even be invited to a dinner with the developers.
There's quite a bit of non-game stuff on there...I recently backed a project to make small-batch infusion vessels. Of course, it's delayed now due to manufacturing difficulties, so my alcoholic alchemy experiments can't begin until after the new year.

Actually, I can't remember the last kickstarter I backed where everything went according to plan...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
No, Kickstarter is not a platform for game developers. It's a platform for anyone with an idea. For instance; Hey, I've have an idea for a thingamajig but I don't know if anybody is interested. I don't have any money to create the product, so let me see if anybody out there would like to give me money to create this thing. If you are that someone, you can throw in a buck or two. If the dollar amount collected doesn't reach the creator's desired goal, all money is returned and there is no loss to the contributor.

Now, if the goal IS met, there still isn't a guarantee that the thingmajig will actually be made. That's the risk the contributor will have to take.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Basically, you don't contribute to Kickstarter because you want to come out ahead on the deal (or if you do, you shouldn't, because you won't).

You contribute to Kickstarter because you really want to see the project happen. The rewards are secondary, and the great advantage of the Kickstarter route is that it costs you nothing if the pledge goal isn't met. (Though there's still the risk that the project won't really get done.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.