Bug iOS Version 1.2.2 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Post your bugs for V1.2.2 on iOS here!

A note from the moderators:

This thread is for posting bugs only (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, please use the V1.2.2 Feedback and Discussion thread instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps to reproduce:

Frequency:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
Device/OS: iPhone 5/6.02

Bug Description:

a - New tables / My tables is a bit wonky. All my purchased tables were in "My Tables" but kickstarter TZ was in "New Tables" logging out and back into TPA account kinda fixed it, with a restore of purchases etc, but now all the "New Tables" are all "My Tables" again even though they now also still appear in "My Tables" section. So the kickstarter table issues still remain.

b - Upon purchasing STNNG and while downloading, the floating generic pinball room image scrolling around ends up leaving black edges as the pic is too small to stay on screen full during the image swirling. (haven't seen what happens when re-downloading any newly changed tables)

c - Endless logging in and out again for TZ, restoring purchases etc blah blah.. unfortunately it still sucks a lot :(

d - I don't know if it's from the logging in and out, but so far I'm up to re-downloading "Big Shot" for the third time, for some reason.

Last edited:

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 3/ios

Bug Description: lost previously purchased pro versions of TOTAN and SS.

Steps to reproduce:

Frequency: always.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 3 / iOS 6.0.1

Bug Description: Game has forgotten that I have Pro Mode unlocked on Scared Stiff.

Steps to reproduce: Having previously purchased Pro Menu for Scared Stiff, attempt to access it.

Frequency: Always.

Additional notes: The tricks I used to employ to temporarily fix this on V1.2.1 no longer work, Scared Stiff's Pro Mode is unavailable regardless of logging in/out, closing and re-entering TPA, etc.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012

Bug Description: Attempting to read Page 9 of the Cardassian Multiball instructions causes the game to crash to the Home screen.

Steps to reproduce: As above.

Additional notes: None.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012

Bug Description: Attempting to read Page 9 of the Cardassian Multiball instructions causes the game to crash to the Home screen.

Steps to reproduce: As above.

Additional notes: None.

Same with iPad 4/ iOS 6.0.1

farmerjohn

Jun 16, 2012

Bug Description: TZ Operator Menu crashes app

Steps to reproduce: Every time I try to turn on the operator menu on TZ the app
crashes, causing it to close.

Frequency: Always

Edit: The same is happening on ST:TNG.

I wouldn't be too surprised if FS just rushed this update out of the door just to squeeze it in
before the App Store lockdown...

Last edited:

MF_

May 23, 2012
Device/OS: iPod Touch 3rd Gen. iOS 6.0.1

Bug Description: Unable to play any previously owned or new tables. After download or selecting game app crashes every time.

Steps to reproduce: Press icon to play a table.

Frequency: 100%

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Device/OS: iPhone 5/6.02

Bug Description:

a - New tables / My tables is a bit wonky. All my purchased tables were in "My Tables" but kickstarter TZ was in "New Tables" logging out and back into TPA account kinda fixed it, with a restore of purchases etc, but now all the "New Tables" are all "My Tables" again even though they now also still appear in "My Tables" section. So the kickstarter table issues still remain.

Here's how I fixed it:

1) Log into your farsight account. Ensure your KS purchases show up under "My Tables".
2) Log OUT of your farsight account.
3) Go to the "New Tables" screen, and start each table you own. It will ask if you want to restore purchases. Tap yes and wait for the table to start. Exit table. Go back to "New Tables" as it dumps you in "My Tables"
4) Repeat 3 for every table you bought via Apple. You may have to do same for Pro tables.
5) Once you have done every table you own (you should have TZ and STTNG left), get back to the main screen. Log into your Farsight account.
6) This should cause it to pause a bit, and if you have them all, you will see "New Tables (none)". TZ and STTNG are now part of your collection.

The trick here is to recover your purchases while logged out of your farsight account. Then log in to get your KS purchases.

NOTE: I lost my MM pro menu this way, so I tapped purchase, and it gave it to me because I already paid for it. I did this after logging back in, though, so you might want to do this while logged out. It didn't overwrite my purchases though.

My bugs: iPad 3, 5.1.x
1) Doesn't handle landscape rotation at the menus - I hold my iPad with the home button on the left, while TPA default orientation is home button on the right (Home button on left is if you have a case with a book-like cover or smart cover, and it puts the hinge on top so the cover doesn't flop around while playing). Sometimes the screen rotates, most often it doesn't. It usually rotates when entering and existing screens, but not while sitting at the screen.

2) Portrait menu please - on my iPhone, landscape is great. On the iPad, I prefer the portrait orientation.

3) IF there are less than 4 tables on the My Tables or New Tables, you can't swipe to scroll, and must tap the game backglass instead to re-center.

4) Please add a "Redownload purchases" or "Download all tables" button instead of waiting for tapping on a table. Tapping each one and waiting for the updates gets annoying. Far nicer if we could queue up the downloads or do a mass download in one click.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Rather than re-type I'll just quote Worf since we have the same issue; I'll also note I got my rewards sorted using his method - only needed to do one restore operation.

My setup: iPad 3rd gen, iOS 6.x

1) Doesn't handle landscape rotation at the menus - I hold my iPad with the home button on the left, while TPA default orientation is home button on the right (Home button on left is if you have a case with a book-like cover or smart cover, and it puts the hinge on top so the cover doesn't flop around while playing). Sometimes the screen rotates, most often it doesn't. It usually rotates when entering and existing screens, but not while sitting at the screen.

2) Portrait menu please - on my iPhone, landscape is great. On the iPad, I prefer the portrait orientation.

3) IF there are less than 4 tables on the My Tables or New Tables, you can't swipe to scroll, and must tap the game backglass instead to re-center.

4) Please add a "Redownload purchases" or "Download all tables" button instead of waiting for tapping on a table. Tapping each one and waiting for the updates gets annoying. Far nicer if we could queue up the downloads or do a mass download in one click.

I will add to this that the tapping sensitivity needs some tweaking as it seems only a light touch will register most of the time.

night

May 18, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 2 / iOS 6

Bug Description: Ball stutter problems, on most tables, including the last 2: TZ and ST: TNG

Steps to reproduce: C'mon..

Frequency: Always

I just can't read my own posts anymore, I am on repeat, and FarSight couldn't care less.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm not seeing an update in the App Store. Am I missing something?

Do you have the free version or the $.99 version of the app? It seems the free version is a little behind based on what I've read in other threads.

Pejota

Aug 20, 2012
Device/OS:
iPhone 5 with iOS 6.0.2
iPad 4th gen with iOS 6.0.1

Bug Description:
Troll Bombs in Medieval Madness cannot be saved until desired. They are used at the first opportunity with the use of the right flipper.

Steps to reproduce:
Earn a Troll Bomb. When a Troll appears or Video Mode is entered, use the right flipper.

Frequency:
Every time.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Is there anyway to restore my old scores and goals? I'd hate to have to redo black hole.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Ipad 3 OS 6.0.1

Successfully got my purchased tables, including Star Trek working in the new version. However, it seems like the ball is slightly slower in every table. Were the physics or graphics updated in some way? I recall the ball used to be a bit more 'snappy' ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.