Well I just got this table... [iOS]

tcvpin

Dec 3, 2012
And ho-lee **** is the launcher in a bad place. It stays on screen right where my thumb hits for the right flipper. Oy.

It's a fun table. I seem to be a bit better at the physical table, though. I keep draining on the outlanes on this one. :-(

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I kinda like where the button is on the Harley table. It engages a function that needs to be reacted at a moments notice and that location works great for me, but since the TNG button isn't needed at such reactive moments, it should be moved to the lower right corner.

This is also my problem with BK, but just the opposite. My thumbs just don't bend down fast like that, at least not as quickly as a ball heading toward an outlane.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
it's perfect for me -- my thumb does not hit it on accident, yet only requires a slight readjustment to hit it.

apparently, though, people hold their devices in many different ways. an easy way to fix this would be to make the trigger position configurable.

i am LOVING this table so far, though, and i don't think anyone will complain that it's too easy! :D

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
I kinda like where the button is on the Harley table. It engages a function that needs to be reacted at a moments notice and that location works great for me, but since the TNG button isn't needed at such reactive moments, it should be moved to the lower right corner.

that's where i flip from!

what about the bottom middle? to operate the trigger on the real table, you move your right hand from the right flipper to the left a bit to hold the trigger. it'd be a similar motion, sort of.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
that's where i flip from!

what about the bottom middle? to operate the trigger on the real table, you move your right hand from the right flipper to the left a bit to hold the trigger. it'd be a similar motion, sort of.

Yes, bottom middle. I like it. Let's do this! Hello? FarSight? Hello?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
eah, dang that launcher button is in a bad spot... not where I want to flip, but it covers the table! Especially the right slingshot.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
If there's a pinball-eating monster living in the left side outlane, I'm sure keeping it well fed...

I am keeping the right outlane well fed. The camera mode I use makes the plunge button cover the outlane/flip lane, so i have no idea where it will go when it lands over there.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
i am like ... the worst starfleet officer in history. my probes routinely find jack ****. i am constantly ramming the ship into asteroids. i inevitably fail at battle simulations. And i can't count how many times i must have gotten my crew assimilated by the Borg.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
i am like ... the worst starfleet officer in history. my probes routinely find jack ****. i am constantly ramming the ship into asteroids. i inevitably fail at battle simulations. And i can't count how many times i must have gotten my crew assimilated by the Borg.
Believe it or not, I am actually finding this version of ST:TNG on par with the physical table in terms of difficulty. This is the level TZ should have been at.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Believe it or not, I am actually finding this version of ST:TNG on par with the physical table in terms of difficulty. This is the level TZ should have been at.

oh, i agree. i just think it's funny to think about how hapless and bumbling the poor Enterprise-D is under my command.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012

I'm still finding it quite a bit easier than the ST:TNG I play on, although the gap between real life and TPA is far less than with TZ. I'm reaching Final Frontier every few games now (and I'm never doing the PAPA trick of waiting for modes to timeout). That said, I still think this might just be the best implementation on iOS so far. Really looking forward to seeing how it looks/plays on consoles.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Believe it or not, I am actually finding this version of ST:TNG on par with the physical table in terms of difficulty.

Awesome! And even though I keep losing balls through the outlanes, for some reason, I don't mind. It feels fair. Unlike going to the Cirqus.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Awesome! And even though I keep losing balls through the outlanes, for some reason, I don't mind. It feels fair. Unlike going to the Cirqus.
I agree. The harshness of the outlanes is roughly on a par with the original table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.