Mac Version 1.0.9 Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your Mac version 1.0.9 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

Last edited:

Jay

May 19, 2012
I'm really glad there's a new menu system. It's still not ideal, but it's much better than the old system. My iOS games seem to be working well.

As far as the new Mac version goes, there are still numerous problems. CFTBL still has the same strange camera bug. There's a lag on all the tables on my quad-core i7 iMac (with a gig of video RAM!). Black Knight still has the same old issues. The Kickstarter bug (a table that had been paid for by a donation, but won't activate) still hasn't been fixed, even though we had been assured it was. The Black Hole still has hexagonal pop bumpers. I'm glad Farsight is working hard to create new tables, but I'd prefer them to fix the ones they've already released. Perhaps the Mac versions are a tiny percentage of their sales and so aren't a high priority. But I think I'll just stick with the iOS versions from now on.

Last edited:

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Still needs obvious Mac-specific tweaks. The navigation is a straight port from iOS. It launches in windowed mode with no preference to launch full screen. I can't reconfigure the controls to make use of my extended keyboard.

Freep

Jun 4, 2012
The new STNG table is terrific EXCEPT for the fact that there's no way to trigger the hidden mode in the holodeck. Holding down the launch button and selecting Shuttle Simulation by flipping right should reveal it. This is working fine on the iOS table.

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
The Black Hole still has hexagonal pop bumpers.

Did you change the level of detail to '2' in the game options? This should give you round bumpers.

However CFTBL is unaffected by changing this option, the bumpers remain hexagonal.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Did you change the level of detail to '2' in the game options?

I've been running with Level 2 detail and Post Processing since those options were available. I'm baffled why the graphics and performance of the Mac versions are worse than their iOS counterparts, since most Macs have a lot more horsepower to utilize.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I discovered something from another post: if I run in true full-screen mode (instead of just maximizing the window), many of my graphic problems go away. The CFTBL camera glitch stops. Frame rates seem fine. I did notice that the camera settings don't seem consistent from one table to another. On CFTBL, camera 1 puts me slightly above the table. But on CV, camera 1 sets me low between the flippers.

RATMNL

Dec 26, 2012
Yes, the table cameras are really inconsistent across the tables.
For most of the tables I like view 2, but for instance on no good gofers: view 2 is more like view 3..
SO i have to set it back to view 1...

It would be so nice to have a "Set Camera" function in the menu, so you can adjust the exact angle of view by tilting the mouse up and down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.