Android 1.9.0: Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

This thread is for posting bugs only (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use this thread instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps to reproduce:

Frequency:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Last edited:
N

netizen

Device/OS: Nexus 10 + Galaxy Tab 2 7"

Bug Description: Have to start game in landscape perspective in order to play in portrait.

Steps to reproduce: In landscape perspective select table from list, press start, the view automatically shifts to portrait. If you Select the table in Portrait perspective, then press start the perspective will switch to an inverted landscape and the game will begin.

Frequency: 100%

This is a new perspective issue that wasn't present in the Beta apk.

N

netizen

Bug Description: No Trigger Button on ST:TNG even when launchers are activeted

Steps to reproduce: start game, the first ball has no "trigger" button on screen. Lose the ball and after plunging it the "Trigger" button is on screen now.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/83188435/Pictures/Screenshot_2012-12-21-20-55-55.png

Frequency: I have had this happen in 2 games on 2 different devices.

This is a new issue that didn't appear in the Beta apk

Last edited:

Mxyzptlk

Jul 27, 2012
Device/OS: Nexus 10, latest version of Jelly Bean (4.2.1)

Bug Description: Twilight Zone, ST:TNG - both tables run choppy EDIT: Creature from the Black Lagoon, Harley Davison, and Scared Stiff also experience slowdown

Steps to reproduce: Every time the game is started, the framerate for these tables is much lower than it should be. Twilight Zone used to play great on this tablet, so this is something new. Haven't had a chance to test other tables yet to see which others may be affected by this slowdown. Tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, didn't help.

Also, having the same landscape/portrait issues as netizen above.

Last edited:
N

netizen

Device/OS: Nexus 10, latest version of Jelly Bean (4.2.1)

Bug Description: Twilight Zone, ST:TNG - both tables run choppy

Steps to reproduce: Every time the game is started, the framerate for these tables is much lower than it should be. Twilight Zone used to play great on this tablet, so this is something new. Haven't had a chance to test other tables yet to see which others may be affected by this slowdown. Tried uninstalling the all and reinstalling, didn't help.

Confirmed

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
All issues reported to date have been experienced by me also. On the TF300T.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Bug Description: Have to start game in landscape perspective in order to play in portrait.

Steps to reproduce: In landscape perspective select table from list, press start, the view automatically shifts to portrait. If you Select the table in Portrait perspective, then press start the perspective will switch to an inverted landscape and the game will begin.

This is a new perspective issue that wasn't present in the Beta apk.

_USB/BT Joystick Center users take note_

For those who use controller apps that rely on a particular degrees orientation for controller mappings, you'll probably find your flippers buttons now tilt the game, and you can't flip :-(

To workaround the issue until a patch its released, you need to start the game in a screen orientation that will make the landscape display orientation correct after a 90° counterclockwise rotation.

So if you want to play the game in landscape 90°, you will need to start the game with the device upside down portrait (portrait 270 °).

On most devices this will be with the front facing camera on the left side instead of the right side of a portrait screen. When the game starts, the display will rotate 90° counterclockwise and you will get the 'normal' landscape mode we are used to.

Do it right and your front facing camera should be at the top of the screen, not the bottom during gameplay.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

caspersgu

Sep 28, 2012
Device/OS: ASUS Transformer Infinity

Bug Description: Confirming previous bugs (frame rate + forced clockwise turn) and unable to exit application.

Steps to reproduce: As previously stated plus completely unable to exit the application through the back button. Only way to close the game is to press the home key and kill it through the taskbar.

The interface also needs a major overhaul in detecting correct scrolling through the tables. It constantly gets confused going the wrong direction of the swipe, not detecting simple touches for the following table in the list etc.

I do wonder why they focused on a landscape view first; I thought it was a given that most users play in portrait mode. The rotating locked view is perplexing. I'm just sad to see the game so clunky when previously I had had no trouble at all with it.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Device: TF300T JB 4.1.1

Bug: Significant pause after game ends on ST:TNG

Reproducible: 100%

Details:

When the match sequence ends, there is a definite pause before the game over menu displays. It only seems to be on ST:TNG for me.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
When the match sequence ends, there is a definite pause before the game over menu displays. It only seems to be on ST:TNG for me.

Same here. Still trouble with connecting to the online leaderboard, I guess.

K

Korven

Sv: Android 1.9.0: Bugs

Same here. Still trouble with connecting to the online leaderboard, I guess.

Not a single of my ST-scores has synced with the leaderboards.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Same problem with the tables automatically turning orientation, for me if I restart a table it auto rotates again.
ARCHOS 80 G9.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Some of my scores actually did sync with the leaderboard late last night, but I'm getting network error messages now.

Actually, there was a bug even in some previous versions in which, if you looked at the "My Score" leaderboard page, the score it would show would not be the most recent one synced to the leaderboard.

Mxyzptlk

Jul 27, 2012
Device: TF300T JB 4.1.1

Bug: Significant pause after game ends on ST:TNG

Reproducible: 100%

Details:

I've actually been getting this same issue on every table with a Nexus 10.

K

Korven

Sv: Android 1.9.0: Bugs

Oh, one ST-score got synced, to bad it's 6.5B less than my actual highscore.

Edit: Seems like the score that got synced to the leaderbord didn't get on my local list, just had to enter my initials for #1 at 3.5B while I got 4.5B on the leaderbord (and 7.6B localy) at least the scores sync somewhat.

Last edited:

ThreePi

Dec 22, 2012
As far as the performance issues, if you just hit the back button to go to the menu then return to the game the framerate will be fine. Seems like you have to do it every time you restart though (Nexus 10).

N

netizen

As far as the performance issues, if you just hit the back button to go to the menu then return to the game the framerate will be fine. Seems like you have to do it every time you restart though (Nexus 10).

Excellent. This definitely improves the performance, and even places the "Trigger" button on the screen when it doesn't appear initially.

Thanks for the tip ThreePi

Mxyzptlk

Jul 27, 2012

THANK YOU. Works like a charm!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Head over to the Discussion and Feedback thread for a fresh build that fixes the display orientation issue.

Xenophius

Dec 22, 2012
Device/OS:Lenovo K1 / 3.2

Bug Description: I have all of the issues others have stated in this thread except I'm not seeing any performance issues. One thing I can add is on the orientation issue it seems that no matter what orientation the device is in when at the table menu when you start a game the orientation turns one step counterclockwise every time. This is consistent through all tables. When in a game the device will not reorient at all. After you exit a game back to the table menu you can again reorient by tilting the device.

Steps to reproduce: Starting a game from the table menu on any table.

Frequency: Always.

If I had of known this update was going to totally botch my absolute favorite game I never would have downloaded it. I couldn't wait to get ST:TNG table however. Please fix this ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts