Android 1.9.0: Feedback and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

caspersgu

Sep 28, 2012
This version needs a patch ASAP. Even if I can play and work my way around the UI bugs as it is I just dread to imagine what a first impression for new users would be with the current version.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This version needs a patch ASAP. Even if I can play and work my way around the UI bugs as it is I just dread to imagine what a first impression for new users would be with the current version.

I totally agree unfortunately.

The UI front-end seems rushed. And the performance issues with lag need to be addressed. But that auto-rotate issue is a bit of a shocker. Being forced to releasing in that state was not a good move.

And I do strongly feel it will adversely impact the ratings on Google Play, and cause much trolling on the Facebooks and the Twitters.

I know Ryan will do all he can to fix it before we all enjoy the Festive Season.

Good luck Ryan. Make it so!

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
The UI is a buggy mess that doesn't work properly on my TF201. As I pointed out on Facebook, I have to trick the game into letting me play in portrait mode by holding the tablet in landscape mode as I hit the "Start" button of a table. This also results in the loss of the ball launcher icon for the first ball, for whatever reason.

TNG could use a little love as well. The table itself is so fun, but the framerate seems choppier than previous tables and the physics feel... weird and off. I don't know how else to describe it.

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
Nice attempt at consolidation, please give us portrait mode on the front screen.

Perhaps auto-arrange table buttons and slide left-right as a group to reveal the next tables?

The slide animation is buggy on Nexus 7

Overall a welcome change from flipping 20 tables side-to-side...

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I'm not going to update, going by reports on here, Facebook and the Google play market, it's terribly broken.
Why even release it if it's as bad as people say?

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
The tables auto rotate between portrait and landscape after every game, ie press start and even if I'm holding the tablet in landscape it will rotate the screen to portrait, when I lose all balls press start for a new game and it rotates the screen again even to me having the tablet held upside down ! . Its a shame has IMO the tables look and play real good. I'm playing on an Archos 80 G9.

Mxyzptlk

Jul 27, 2012
Already reported the bug about several of those tables running choppy since the last update. Still having issues with the tiny UI on the Nexus 10 making the on screen buttons (troll bombs on MM, items on MB, Magna save on BK, launcher on ST:TNG) are nearly impossible to press accurately. Also, the score HUD for certain older tables (Taxi, Black Hole, Black Knight) is very small, making it difficult to see.

I appreciate the attempt at the new menu system, but right now there's a lot of kinks to work out. Besides the scrolling being a bit janky, it just doesn't look very polished. Too boxy and generic, needs to be cleaned up a lot. Honestly I wish it was a bit more like Zen Pinball's menu, everything easy to find in one grid. Also, I dig the sound-alike version of Pinball Wizard from Williams: PHOF being used for the iOS menu until you select a table, hope that makes it to Android next update!

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I'm not going to update, going by reports on here, Facebook and the Google play market, it's terribly broken.
Why even release it if it's as bad as people say?

It's a shame as the new table plays really well, but in Farsights haste to please fans by releasing before Xmas they have damaged their reputation on the app stores by releasing with a sloppy UI and annoying rotation issue.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Hey guys, I am out of the office taking care of some holiday business, but I will swing back into the office later today to at least fix that strange orientation issue that some of you are experiencing once you play a table. Unfortunately, the main menu was designed to be landscape only, I think that management has realized the mistake and they are designing a portrait version as well to fix the issue. The other UI issues (which appear across the board Android and Ios) are out of my control as well since this was not my department, but continue to report them as I will forward them to the proper place.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Thanks for the extra effort Ryan.
Don't forget about Christmas. You guys deserve one, too.

Happy Holidays to you and your family !

Timelord...

Scottee28

Jun 18, 2012
Thanks Ryan. The menu is really ugly, the older version was much better looking in my opinion.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
np but keep in mind all I have the control to fix is the orientation bug once in the table, the new ui is out of my hands.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012

I am new to this forum. I just purchased my tf300t during black Friday, found Pinball Arcade the same day,spent forty dollars and have played five to six hours per day. Everything worked great before the new update, except I had to reboot after playing for three hours straight, not bad. I read Far Sights email and instantly went to update to get TNG. My bad, I should have read the reviews for the update before downloading, like I have for every other update. I wouldn't have downloaded it and waited for a fix.

I think that Far Sight rushed this update because of Tuesday's holiday. They wanted to get the new table and UI out for the new humans who get phones and tablets. I hope they didn't shoot themselves in the foot. When I first saw the old interface, I was in love and I was giddy to find all the tables I love and able to play in portrait mode with no scrolling. I hope that new users don't get frustrated and uninstall the app permanently. I warned those in my review in the Google app store. I told them to be patient and wait for the fix.

I do have faith in Far Sight and a fix will be available shortly after the new year. I am sure those at Far Sight did not expect the update to act online like it does and I'm sure they are tired of all this negative response, which they do deserve.I will still play a lot of pinball, it's just not going to be the same experience.

Luck and Laughter to all.....MontanaFrank

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ok I think I have fixed the orientation oddness where once you have begun playing the table it was locking you into a funky orientation. Testing real quick then ill provide a link before putting it up there so you guys can verify if you get this in time.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
And also (as you can probably tell from the latest news letter) management is working to improve the ui and offer a portrait version.

In addition, the non-main menu/table select issues like small buttons, and overlays and stuff (the old stuff not sizing correctly for huge resolutions) I have a fix for, but will probably not get in until after the holidays. I apologize for the delay in this, but its been hectic here in the office so stay tuned and I appreciate your patience!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It's the Saturday before Christmas at 7:30 in the evening California time and a developer is here fixing an orientation issue. May the just wrath of the gods descend on the next person who claims FarSight doesn't care about its customers.

I don't even own an Android device, but thanks for your hard work, Ryan. Be sure to actually, you know, take your Christmas holiday at some point. You've more than earned it. :D

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
TNG on the Nexus 10 is just .. completely unplayable. I verified several other tables still played fine.

I don't know why, but TNG drops frames like MAD, stutters, jumps around. Of course, the orientation issues previously mentioned.

The portrait/landscape really affects people that play this in a mini-cab type environment and prefer their tablet in portrait (who wouldn't want that? The iPad screen is practically 4:3 as it is - so they don't care).

Anyway, it sucks having the best Android tablet on the market and NOT be able to play TNG :( I even kickstarted it.

N

netizen

TNG on the Nexus 10 is just .. completely unplayable.

IDK if you looked at the Bug thread but ThreePi found a temp solution for us N10 users and this particular issue with STTNG frame rates.

Start a game as normal, after you have launched the ball pause then resume the game. It will, for whatever reason, play normally afterwards; you will have to do this for every game you start however..

Please let us know if this works for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.